White speck on blueface Angel

• SRC Member

hi all

recently noticed the blueface angelfish has white speck on its side and back fins. at first i thought it was isopod but it doesn't seem like isopod as most isopod would stuck itself on the fish body. blueface angel has nothing on its body. clean.

other fishes seems ok, its fins and body are clean.

i don't think it's ich as well cause it is larger than ich in size.

anybody experience this on their fishes?

if it's really isopod, i need to catch and dip the fish. but how can i catch the angel without taking the rocks out. any self-made trap done by reefers here?

thanks in advance..

• SRC Member
Hmm..mm.. defenately not ich.(too big to be ich liao) and not fluk either... need a closer look to be able to tell.

P.S: as long as nott ich can liao hahaha. I hate ich.

Anyone here can advice him?? :lol:

the fish is too small, tat why the spot look huge..

95% is ich, so dun worry lah, treat it

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

manage to take a closer look at the fish again. it looks like there are many tiny eggs clump together. suspect fins rot.

any suggestion to catch the fish without disturbing live rocks?

i'm getting really worried that it might spread to other fishes.

• SRC Member

been reading marine books. it seems like the angelfish is sufferring from "Lymphocystis" aka cauliflower disease. anybody experience this before and how is the treatment for such? will it spread to other fishes?

please help...

• SRC Member

You have identified correctly. This disease is usually not fatal. Ensure the water is clean and give it good food and it's resistance build-up will eventually fend off this disease.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Bro,

My swallowtail angel also got this condition that you mentioned for several weeks already. However, as I saw that it was eating as per normal, I did not try to catch it or treat it in any way. Anyway, I changed the water a few days ago and now I do noticed that the white specks have reduced greatly. Now only left a little bit and I think it will recover soon. Hope this helps. ;)

• SRC Member
been reading marine books. it seems like the angelfish is sufferring from "Lymphocystis" aka cauliflower disease. anybody experience this before and how is the treatment for such? will it spread to other fishes?

please help...

:huh: My Sohal Tang used to catch this disease before on its fin...nothing fatal actually...juz ensure that the water conditions are good & do carry out 10-20% water change. :D

Good luck... :angel: