My see through 5.5 x 2 x 2.5

shootsimon

• SRC Member

You can buy and try if its to many and if to much you are always welcome to donate them to my tank :lol::lol: . Actually if you don't have too many corals, no matter how much fish you have it'll still look roomy. But when you have lots of corals you will find to crapy when you have more fish :D

If u gonna let go some of your LPS to cater for SPS , give it to me! :P

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
So have u connect up the wavebox??  :eyebrow: .

Wave box is up :lol: Too bad the coraline algea that covered the exterior has turned white as I've place it out of water for more than 2 days. ;)

As you can see, me using these 2 magnets instead of the original to hold them to the glass :lol:

post-34-1156087765.jpg

• SRC Member
hey bro,nice hammers u got there!! they look happy! haha :P anyway u use those magnets to hold the wavebox?

Yup! As my glass has a wooden backing so it's too thick to use the Tunze original and came up with this idea of putting the magnets inside the wave box and again Tunze magnet is too big so used these instead :lol:

Very impressive Hammer collection u got there :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
a bit off topic. when you be conducting another DIY DI unit session?

Not sure :unsure: Maybe not B) Unless alot of reefer asking for it. Then I'll consider as its prettty time consuming for me.

• SRC Member

Not sure :unsure: Maybe not B) Unless alot of reefer asking for it. Then I'll consider as its prettty time consuming for me.

pls let me know when u r conducting. I will be the first to join.

Current tank

Past tank

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Almost cannot find my trade liao.

Major hiccup yesterday while trying to remove a melted anemone. Luckily not too serious but was hell of a time trying to scope up all the melted pieces. ;) Will be doing another round of water change next week. Well lets not let it spoil my day :lol:

Something to cheer me up :lol: My 2 headed sunnies now have become 8 :D

Here's a pix of it eating

post-34-1162623373.jpg

• SRC Member
Bro, did the minced anemone did any harm/damage to ur LS ? Mine great casualty, left abt 10% stock. the rest up lorry :(

All LS still alive. Only my hammer is affected. One head is gone liao and looks like another one is melting too :( Guess I was lucky that I spotted the melted anemone. Noticed it shrunk on thursday morning and at night it was all gone from where it was. Then on friday spotted it on the sandbed under some LRs which was dame hard to reach so that's way came up with the stupid idea of using the pump to suck it up but pump got stuck and the :sick: flow back into the tank. Use the net to net the chunk out and quickly sippon the rest using the old school method (fill water in the hose and let gravity do the job). Was able to sippon most of the it out. Those that cannot see will just let the skimmer to the job. Only managed to change 3 pails of water :P I not as hard working as you :lol::lol: I'm still filling up the DI water into my blue tub :lol: Guess I can only change the water tomorrow if I got time.

Will catch the chromis once the trap is free as now housing my black trigger. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

:cry2::cry2: My Sohal decided to report to :angel: last night. Witness his last journey that lasted for about 15-20 mins. :(

First spotted him swimming a bit different like gasping for air and the mouth wide open and refuses to eat even his favourite market prawn.

Me sensing somthing is wrong (hoping that I might be wrong) but not sure what to do. Observed the other fish and LS all looked OK to me, feasting and munching away the market prawn that I had prepared for them .

Next thing I noticed, he start to drift and dash in the tank, bumping into things that's infront of him.

It lasted for about 3-5 mins and than I couldn't stand it any more, I net him out and placed him in the sump to have a closer look. Its seems like he isn't breathing as his grills are close though his mouth is wide open.

At that moment how I wish I can do CPR on him. After another min or 2 the fellow stopped all movement and his base colour (white) in a split second turn dark.

Fellow have been with me since Sep 2005 at about 5" in size and now 7.5".

Date and time of Death 17 Nov 2006 2am

He is now in my freezer. I'm thinking should I defrost it and perform an autopsy to fing out the cause of death. What puzzled me was that he was still chasing my sailfin the night before like all other days :erm:

Sad but what to do ;)

post-34-1163759518.jpg