NKF FACTS: We are focusing wrongly

minsmarine

• SRC Member
:lol: all i am saying is to examine and see clearly...whoever that has been a CEO or in the top management will know of Agendas of a different kind....so sometimes it is difficult to comment...geez....will stop here and have chinese tea and char shao bao... ;)

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

In Court Transcript

exCEO said "I am just like every other CEO working at an organisation with a turnover of $120 million"

I pity him now, he is scapegoat of Private and Charity Sector. He didn't know which sector he was in. So he dare to use 120M as TURNOVER.

Geex fellow singaporean, your hard earn donation IS A TURNOVER, not your kind heart.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

I have a simple query... was the 'Garment' aware of these going-ons for years or were they in the dark? :heh: I guess now that a BOI is out of the question... we'll never really know?

• SRC Member

AT,

As I was once a MD of Asia Pacific companies, I can't check all the local companies matters. Normally , I will just listen and give them advise on what and how.

Only in some accident, I would be informed. So same goes to our gov.

Our beloved gov has lot of things to do, even if exCEO of NKF worked 18 hrs a day for 120M TURNOVER, u wonder how many hours our gov need to work to support us.

How I wish our gov view the Challenge from all the possible point of view.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

After spending almost 4 hrs reading court transcript,

Geez, I really pity him.

Even though he read law, he doesn't know what he is doing there.

Now I am wonder were there any others partners ?

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Why did the Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan read the letter in Parliament? What was the purpose to make the letter known to the public? :fear::fear:

Maybe there will be some interesting outcome in future.... :angel:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../159055/1/.html

SINGAPORE : Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan challenged the new NKF to be not only a pace setter for kidney dialysis, but also a "shining example" for good governance and transparency.

He urged Singaporeans and MPs to give the new NKF board their full support so that it could get down to work.

Mr Khaw said this as he wrapped up two days of debate over the National Kidney Foundation in Parliament.

Mr Khaw also read an email from the teenage daughter of former NKF CEO TT Durai to the Prime Minister.

The email read: "Since I was young, my father had very little time to spend with us. Were we less important to him than his patients? Was his work more important than us?"

"After the review by the new board, you will help him to restore his reputation and honour, if no wrong doings were found?"

Mr Khaw said: "From the media reports on the man, Mr Durai looks to me to be an arrogant man. His achievements are real and significant. But maybe the ego and arrogance went to his, leading to poor judgement and insensitivity."

But he stressed that he could not conclude there have been criminal acts done based on what has been published so far, and this matter has to follow its due process.

That will fall on the platter of the new NKF board, including greater transparency on the CEO's pay - a point raised by MPs.

Mr Khaw also said he would consider suggestions like a tiered approach for expense accounts, and the possibility of having representation from donors or unions on the NKF board.

Mdm Ho Geok Choo, MP for West Coast GRC, said: "To my mind, paying a competitive salary to a top notch CEO is fair, but in the case of the NKF, the misrepresentation and lack of transparency are what bothers many of us, especially since Singaporeans have been faced with retrenchments and pay cuts over the past few years."

Dr Tan Sze Wee, Nominated MP, said: "Most of our public acute general hospital CEOs earn substantially less than $500,000 a year, let alone $600,000 a year. The NKF CEO package should get a reality check by some objective benchmark."

Mr Khaw said he expected the new NKF board to have an appropriate system to decide the pay for its professional fund raisers - one that would encourage them to do their best.

But he cautioned that charitable organisations must still be underpinned by strong ethics and a moral compass.

Mr Khaw said: "Most importantly, the NKF must remember that the core of all charity is basic humility and a simple desire to help our fellow human beings. The NKF, and indeed all charities, exists because of the people, and it is the people it must serve, and not the other way round."

The welfare and dignity of NKF patients were also a source of concern for some.

Dr Warren Lee, MP for Sembawang GRC, said: "There are patients who are in financial difficulties, whose rates of subsidies had not been reviewed for three to four years, that there are patients who dare not complain about NKF because they were afraid of being blackmarked."

Mr Khaw said these allegations would be investigated seriously and that he was setting a challenge for the new NKF board to comply with stricter rules governing IPCs in six months.

These rules actually kick in only in 2007. - CNA/de

• SRC Member

Don't surprise than our PM, MP, CEO of Satutary board's son , daughter & wife start writing to public about how much their DADDY, MOMMY spent time in their respective OFFice.

We, ordinary people,

reach home by 6,

left to work @ 9.

Sat and Sun are family days,

Read newspaper in office,

AND REEF.....

surf Internet ( esp SGREEFCLUB ) in office.

And some people DON"T EVEN HAVE OFFICE TO GO.

So seen like ordinary life is better huh

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Why did the Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan read the letter in Parliament? What was the purpose to make the letter known to the public? 

Maybe there will be some interesting outcome in future.... 

Interesting indeed. Let's hope they are not finding a "good way" to get him off the hook!!!!

• SRC Member

Interesting indeed. Let's hope they are not finding a "good way" to get him off the hook!!!!

I believe it's leading to TT is not a ordinary man in Singapore.

He is doing all the ordinary man won't do. Like to raise 10M, he spent 3M. Spent 18 hr a day in office ( Does he have really a lot of thing to do, or he work SLOW ).

Ordinary people won't do it.

Ordinary people are lucky enough that some time they don't need to work ( CAUSE NO JOB ),

Work only 8 hrs a day, NO OVERTIME.

Need not more than 2 bus cars or 2 trains a day.

Our daughter nor son not know email address of PM, they don't even know who is our MP.

Especially, we sufer ourself REEFING while he pay people to maintain his :)

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Recently I am so scared, worried, happy and going crazy soon. I don even dared to step out of my house and couldn't sleep well......

Worry that people may Rob and Kidnap Me ....

I want to tell you a secret ....

I have became a billionaire now because one peanut cost $600,000 and i have 2 tins at home.

Please keep this to yourself ;)

• SRC Member

Thats a good one :lol:

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread