NKF's administration brought to public scrutiny

koniyakutz

• SRC Member

And Now I am just wonder who foot CEO's Income Tax.

Some MNC company feeds their CEO's income tax ( like by law u know ).

Based on my estimataion, his income tax is around 150K. If NKF feeds income tax mean, HE IS GETTING 750K P/A

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
And Now I am just wonder who foot CEO's Income Tax.

Some MNC company feeds their CEO's income tax ( like by law u know ).

Based on my estimataion, his income tax is around 150K. If NKF feeds income tax mean, HE IS GETTING 750K P/A

hehe maybe hie is not ??? :P

• SRC Member

We don't know.

My previous company income tax is pay by company.

if you notice in IRA8 , there is a tick.

And i was offered a Director job last year with income tax pay by company.

So, it's not uncommon.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

We don't know.

My previous company income tax is pay by company.

if you notice in IRA8 , there is a tick.

And i was offered a Director job last year with income tax pay by company.

So, it's not uncommon.

now i know who to look for if i'm out of job... :lol:

I can help you clean tank, feed fishes, "chop" fish in LFS........

My friend who is a CFO(Chief of Finance Officer) in a MNC. This happen many years ago. He is entitle to fly business class. So whenever he fly overseas, he will make use of the entitlement. But in actual facts he fly economic class and the balance, he use it for the families to fly.

He have been doing this for a few years until the top mgt found out. He protested that he did not claim more but only took what he entitled. Case refered to CAD and found guilty and was jailed for a couple of months.

Taking $25000 a month as a CEO is ok, but the perks is something astonishing. The 12 months bonus for the last 3 years (not forgetting the other years), !st class travel, personal car being service by NKF....8 cars with chaffuers (1 mercs est cost $200000, therefore $200000x8= $1.6 million. 1 dialysis machine cost $35000 therefore they can have 46 machines. Another 46 lives or more can be saved.

1997 asia crisis

2001 9/11

2002-2003 Sars

The economy has been slow, many lost their jobs, pay cut, pay freeze. Not to mention bonuses. Our CPF did not restored as promise but we bite the bullet as a nation to brave through the economic crisis.

I personally felt regreted for not donating much to other organisation, who really need our help. But instead only focus on NKF.

Singapore Cancer Societies suppose to launch a donation drive this coming Sept. But NKF launch it in July called NKF Cancer show. Now SCS is in a fix, people will be confuse between them and the public will think what 2 cancer show in 2 months.

I am in no way associated to SCS, this is what was shown on TV on 15/7/05 on TCS 8.

:(:(:( I can't eat, I can't sleep and who are we to play GOD and to decide we deserve treatment and others not.

Many other patients are seeing their MPs because they can't be accepted by NKF. Their less than $2000 for the entire family is out of this world. I heard not the entire famly, it is the entire CLAN.

Someone I knew was rejected because the nephew is earning a decent pay. So look like we have to beg our relatives. Imagine my mom got kidney problem and need diaylsis. My household income $3500 and my sis also $3500. I don't think my family qualify. But both me and my sis also got our family, eg 2 kids each. So if my mom has to go private dialysis she has to pay $4000.

So my sis and myself have to foot out $2000 each and that left us with $1500 for the family. A 4 member family, expenditure like schooling, food, transport etc. how to live?

This only an example but alot people are facing this problem. NKF have only 2000 patient and a $260 million reserve....many are standing outside and begging to be accepted.

what we saw is only tip of the ice berg............ (NKF is only 1 example);

NKF is being expose because it is over confident that their doings will not be found out........

look carefully and you may find more cases like this

I never support NKF before.........

We should open our eyes and brains before making donations.

(tv appealing for funds with prizes to be won, to encourage donations)

(Centre so nicely and expensively decorate.... where money comes from)

Do you think this will not happened again.....????

There are some many Mr TT around..... with 1 gone another will come up....

Things like this will always happened, the only thing is whether when will it be EXPOSED.

NOTE : when $ amount becomes too huge some people who may be good by nature will be lured by money... and in the world we are living now...... it always happened.

• SRC Member

The saying... Always ask yourself what can you give and contribute rather than

what you will expect to receive. Not many have reached this enlightened level including myself. I've always asked myself if something untold happens to me will

i be taken care by NXX, can, but must down grade myself , sell condo, car, Plasma TV, fish Tank , jobless, begging for food ..destitute level. None of us (unlikely) will fall under this category. Hence when give , give from your heart and don't expect return. I've been giving and donating cheque to charities for many years untill the last 10 years i became a less charitable person. A cheque of $20 can only buy peanut so nowsaday i don't waste my time. Those call cost $$$ what happens to the $2 a call donation? I can call 10 times for $2 a call but not $5 a call. To me is the thought that counts not amount. It's like saying...cannot afford $5 you are out of the game. Look at the Tsumani donating not all the $$$ went to the victim.

There's one incident when i'm waiting for my car to be repaired, under the hot sun saw one guy and girl canvassing those car repair shop owner to donate but got turndown by most of them. I called them and donated $2 without asking where the money goes, but, pity them for the effort that they have gone thru.

Bottom line is donate where your heart dictate.

If you are smart person, stop donating $$ to NKF from now...maybe 20 yrs later, since reserves can last for 40 yrs. And if really so rich that u must really donate, then i suggest u donate it to other charity org or much better give it directly to the patient. :)

They play touching footages of how kidney patients suffer during each fund raising show. We symphatize and dontate with the intention of going out to these patients, but instead most of the money is used to line the pockets of greedy men who use for their own luxury. They have done the public a great disservice. And that Mrs Goh.... to think that she actually made this kind of remarks as a politician's wife. And she's brushing it off simply by just stepping down. They owe the public an apology.

"Less technology, more biology" --- John Tullock

• SRC Member
They play touching footages of how kidney patients suffer during each fund raising show. We symphatize and dontate with the intention of going out to these patients, but instead most of the money is used to line the pockets of greedy men who use for their own luxury. They have done the public a great disservice. And that Mrs Goh.... to think that she actually made this kind of remarks as a politician's wife. And she's brushing it off simply by just stepping down. They owe the public an apology.

bro, anyway, would you think they would ... look at that Durian on what he said when he was asked to leave? "37 yrs ... new blood" We dun even know how much his was paid since 37 yrs ago ... and those minister who mention about the 30 percent thing ... I think they forgot that the fund was raised and not profit ...

• SRC Member

http://www.youngpap.org.sg/phpbb/viewtopic...d9158542840772a

Shin Min Daily News tonight reported that show host Cao Qitai is paid $16,800 'red packet' per show. All other artiistes average 'about $5K to $6K' per stunt.

The payments are not the problem. The problem is that these artistes all pretended to be performing for free, for the sake of patients. In fact, they're all trying increase our donations so that they have more bargaining powers for bigger 'red packets' for subsequent shows.

If NKF, TCS or the artistes fail to clarify or sue SPH for this report, I trust we can all safely assume it to be true.

Never trust TV charity shows again. Never trust actors appealing for charity. There're actors after all. We all should've known better.

• SRC Member

How about

Telemarketing company ( HE HAS SHARE IN IT )

Web Design ( HE HAS SHARE IN IT )

Foreigner Recruitment ( HE MIGHT HAVE , 1 HEAD ABOUT 4K ).

Definately more, just watch out. Since he can appoint director who is his business partner. Gez

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
How about

Telemarketing company ( HE HAS SHARE IN IT )

Web Design ( HE HAS SHARE IN IT )

Foreigner Recruitment ( HE MIGHT HAVE , 1 HEAD ABOUT 4K ).

Definately more, just watch out. Since he can appoint director who is his business partner. Gez

He seemed to follow tactics of Suhato and someone all Singaporeans know ...

Firstly removing TT from the board is just not enough.

He lied to public that they have not enough funds which can only last 2-3 yrs which should be 20 -30yrs

This lie is to misled ALL SINGAPOREANs so that they can get more donations

Since this lie involves $$$ as motive, it should be consider a cheat/trick/con and since the lie is make to public, means he is trying to cheat/trick/con the nation.....

Should he just only be remove from his post or should he face criminal charge... ????

• SRC Member
To quotefrom CNA:

Ex-NKF patron Mrs Goh Chok Tong regrets remarks about TT Durai's pay: SM Goh

Public should not overreact over the NKF issue: Dr Vivian Balakrishnan

Why is there no apology from NKF (TTD and exective council) and Mrs Peanut? Do they feel that it's alright to misuse public funding? Their face (面子) is much more important even when the public had complained and withdrawn donations as an act of objection.

All these years, there was so much deception and inaccurate info, it is not right to downplay the seriousness of this matter. If TTD didn't withdraw from the case, there will be more shit revealed and it has been shown that he is somebody without integrity and honesty.

screen captured just a while ago (17 July, 10.10am) from CNA forum

capture0121kx.th.jpg

certainly takes very long time to approve a post..... :whistle

• SRC Member

Huh they didn't know here need NO APPROVAL :)

Removing Board and CEO is not solution, we need to know what happened while looking forward for tomorrow.

If we just need to LOOK FORWARD ONLY,

Ah ham , there must be quite wrong which we need NOT TO KNOW.

It's what I'd learned in my polital science :)

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Just to think of it,

if we based on the model of 30% of TOTAL DONATION goes to reserve than all singaporean has donated 700+ million :) Geez so much money.

If CEO get paid of 1% commission ( by way of his share in IT company, Teleco Company, Publisher , Contractor ) than

He is RICH about 7M :)

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Someone sent me a vid - kinda interesting !

Go to Video of Durai-n

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread