Where to place them?

chrisyew

• SRC Member

Juz bought these 3 pcs.

I'm not so sure if different colors of Yuma or Mushroom need different placement in the tank - bottom and away from light or top with more light?

1. Pink Yuma?

Bought this one at $3 and not so sure if it should be at the bottom of tank;

Pink%20Yuma.jpg

2. Green Yuma?

Bought this at $4 a pc, so total $12. Should it be at the top becoz it's green?

Green%20Yuma.jpg

3. Red Mushroom and what you call it?

Don't understand why is it so expensive at $12? The shopkeeper told me to place near the light as it needs more light. Is it true?

Red.jpg

Thanks and pls help.

• SRC Member
Juz bought these 3 pcs.

I'm not so sure if different colors of Yuma or Mushroom need different placement in the tank - bottom and away from light or top with more light?

1. Pink Yuma?

Bought this one at $3 and not so sure if it should be at the bottom of tank;

Pink%20Yuma.jpg

2. Green Yuma?

Bought this at $4 a pc, so total $12. Should it be at the top becoz it's green?

Green%20Yuma.jpg

3. Red Mushroom and what you call it?

Don't understand why is it so expensive at $12? The shopkeeper told me to place near the light as it needs more light. Is it true?

Red.jpg

Thanks and pls help.

the first one is definetely not a pink yuma..actually...asll yumas can be place in moderation..as long as it is not under the shade can already.. :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

Thanks guys. Sorri the first pic is Orange not Pink - dunno why keep thinking of pink hehe. :P

I'm using 2x10K and 1 actinic blue (all T-5 24W each).

If too intense light, will it 'melt'?

What about the last pc? Why it's more expensive than the other 2?

• SRC Member
Wah the last mushied i got it for free from a fellow reefers....

I think u kena "chopped" liao

I do get some brown ones from fellow hobbyists free. But the last photo is a red ones with 'raised' dots on the surface. So I'm really not so sure whether it's really something different. Bought this from a shop in Cavan Rd.

• SRC Member

Place them at low flow & slight shaded area at tank bottom under your 10K MH.............dose of Tropic Marine Pro coral iodine will help in bring out the bright colours. But do not overdose the iodine.

Eric

• SRC Member
Place them at low flow & slight shaded area at tank bottom under your 10K MH.............dose of Tropic Marine Pro coral iodine will help in bring out the bright colours. But do not overdose the iodine.

Eric

So they have to be placed in slight shaded place instead of directly expose them to light? I'm using 3 x T5 2ft.

Thanks.

• SRC Member

Eric

hi, what will happen with overdosage of iodine or strotium or trace element ? ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
So they have to be placed in slight shaded place instead of directly expose them to light? I'm using 3 x T5 2ft.

Thanks.

I don't think T5 will melt your mushies. I used to place my mushrooms above mid level when I was using 6x24 T5s. I have changed to MH already, and the mushies are still doing fine at mid level, but my MH is almost 1ft above water level.