how long is the cycling process

• SRC Member

I also added fritzyme #9... After cycling water with live rocks inside for 7 days and the Ammonia and nitrite still high, impatient liao then go buy 1 bottle... added in already, 4 to 5 days later, Ammonia and Nitrite both drop to 0... I was very surprised also but it happened.

I added 2 false clowns and 1 hermit crab day after i added fritzyme #9...

Jus to let u know my exp but i believe everyone has their own opinions and may exp different things even if using same steps...

bro whats your tank size? how many bottle did u added?

mine's 4ft and i have added 2bottles, altho a lfs friend told me to add 3bottles

:thanks:

The thing is that you have to introduce the bacteria and give them time to colonise. A surface for them to do so is also recommended.

Too much of bacteria will cause them to become pathogenic (due to the quorum gene) and you do not want that ;)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
The thing is that you have to introduce the bacteria and give them time to colonise. A surface for them to do so is also recommended.

Too much of bacteria will cause them to become pathogenic (due to the quorum gene) and you do not want that ;)

yea im aware of that

bro whats your tank size? how many bottle did u added?

mine's 4ft and i have added 2bottles, altho a lfs friend told me to add 3bottles

Mine is abt 2ft by 1ft(w) by 1.5ft(ht)... I calculated that my tank size is 60+ litres. Recommended dosage is 1 bottle($17 size cos I know got another bigger bottle at$30+) to 60+ litres or something like that...

So i pour half in, waited half a day then another half...

Wat does pathogenic means?

Btw, biggest lesson learnt is must have "house" for bacteria... that is filtration system must be sufficient for bacteria to grow... I started my first 5 days with 1 bag of coral chips the size of my palm thinking it'll mature my tank... Wat a fool...