Need advice on what to do for yellow tang

• SRC Member

tink u can feed it with garlic pellets and some food tt contain anti-biotic...most probably..other fishes is hungry and decided to 'makan' the yellow tang..if it dosent eat anything...gd luck 4 it... :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

doesn't look like its from sickness, but it look skiny and weak.

Do you have larger aggressive fish with it? I am guessing the fin got bitten off while the mouth injury was self inflicted from banging into rocks while avoiding harassment in darker nights.

have seen a case b4.

• SRC Member

yes pls give more details as to what other tank inhabitants you have...

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member
doesn't look like its from sickness, but it look skiny and weak.

Do you have larger aggressive fish with it? I am guessing the fin got bitten off while the mouth injury was self inflicted from banging into rocks while avoiding harassment in darker nights.

have seen a case b4.

so wad do u tink r the chances of surviving???jus want to know...

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Thanks for all the advice.I had a PBT which died of ich the same day this happened to my yellow tang, a tomato clown,a dotty back, a coris and reef lobster in a 3 ft tank. The yellow tang had a big stomach coz he eats alot but not plump.Now with his mouth injured he can only eat very small pieces of food.,cyclopeeze and seaweed.I had treated him with antibiotics for 3 days and his cuts have healed and his mouth is not red anymore,but not eating very well now.Hopefully he will feel better soon. :thanks:

• SRC Member
Thanks for all the advice.I had a PBT which died of ich the same day this happened to my yellow tang, a tomato clown,a dotty back, a coris and reef lobster in a 3 ft tank. The yellow tang had a big stomach coz he eats alot but not plump.Now with his mouth injured he can only eat very small pieces of food.,cyclopeeze and seaweed.I had treated him with antibiotics for 3 days and his cuts have healed and his mouth is not red anymore,but not eating very well now.Hopefully he will feel better soon. :thanks:

it would be better if you can get a quarantine tank for the fish, chances of recovering may be better.

Dear reefers, my yellow tang suddenly had a missing side fin and his mouth looks as if it has been bitten off.There are also a few cuts on his side and black dots on his head. :huh:B) .I will be grateful if anyone could give advice.

my is more serious than urs. separate it fr others. keep it in QT lo. my go up lorry coz i dun take quick action. hope u all e best.

some reefer ask me, any crab in ur tank?....... i got no idea!!! <_<