RAV-65

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

don get ikea stuff lah.. esp the cheaper things... some more expensive sofas still not that bad.. but the really cheap stuff are really cheap materials lah...

but some things not bad.. worth getting if u don't mind that 1/2 of singapore houses have them too...

don get ikea stuff lah.. esp the cheaper things... some more expensive sofas still not that bad.. but the really cheap stuff are really cheap materials lah...

but some things not bad.. worth getting if u don't mind that 1/2 of singapore houses have them too...

I agree with the poor quality of the furniture, but some of the stuffs are cheap... like the rugs, kitchen utensils etc etc...

Anyone got other suggestions/advise please share! :thanks::thanks:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

About the squirting toilet seat, is the brand TOTO available in Singapore? I have seen/use the same ones in Japan and found them selling in the big shopping centers there but the voltage used is 110V. :( Else, would have bought them and carry them back. They IMHO are very very good. Can adjust the water pressure. :D

About the squirting toilet seat, is the brand TOTO available in Singapore? I have seen/use the same ones in Japan and found them selling in the big shopping centers there but the voltage used is 110V. :( Else, would have bought them and carry them back. They IMHO are very very good. Can adjust the water pressure. :D

Male and Female setting and can adjust the temp of the water too, very poor. Saves on the toilet paper lol...

Bro Weisoon, do you mean this? I tried it is Japan, like it very much. ;)

I think they are sold in Singapore too but not cheap.

post-11-1120483321.jpg

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

The control panel. I think Sis Princess will like it cuz and control pressure. ;)

post-11-1120483406.jpg

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

After washing, the toilet seat got spray abit of perfume or not?! :D

Anyway, my question is, after washing, backside wet right? Still need tissue to wipe dry wat! so where got save on tissues?! :blink:

You want those with dryer???? :D You not afraid wait your jewels kena cooked????? :D:lol::P:peace:

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

The piece of sanitary fitting that "squirt squirt" to wash your ###### is called a Bidet (pronounced as "billa"). Just make sure your friends that you invite will not think it is a water cooler and drink from it hiak hiak hiak :lol:

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Never ever ever buy IKEA furniture esp the sofa and table... so far, I have heard of two incidents where the sofa gave way...

But the small items, accessories, rugs and decor stuff can consider.

• SRC Member
After washing, the toilet seat got spray abit of perfume or not?! :D

Anyway, my question is, after washing, backside wet right? Still need tissue to wipe dry wat! so where got save on tissues?! :blink:

After washing, suppose to use a towel to wipe dry if I am not wrong.

Saw in Japan selling the TOTO brand at about Yen$20,000 with features same as what Gouldian posted. So still quite cheap by any standard. But so far still have yet to find any shop selling in Singapore. Maybe I have not search hard enough. :D

Personally, I think this is the best product in terms of toilet seat innovation are concern. :lol:

• SRC Member
If you want excellent workmanship just go to D'esprit, Renozone, TIP, Urban Interiors, Strategic, Everlink.

If you focus more on design, go to Image Creative (Superbrand), Joop, Cactus Art...

Others...Chew Interior, Homely etc...

Having said that please let me know if you are going to these company - then later if the bosses call me to verify at least i know - if you want discounts

Only for you now and please (others) dun anyhow quote me.

PS : not all their designers will know me - only the bosses (take note)

Hi Bro, u know of any gd contractor that do good jobs with decent pricing?

TIP, Image Creative (Superbrand), Joop seems to be on the high side since they are an IDs.

JC

• SRC Member

RAV- Think about the deisgn or theme you want, who is going to use the space (gonna have kids, or you and Mrs alone), possiblity of re-sale? These factors are gonna affect your plan. If you plan to have kids, dont go for the minimalist look- its too cold for brightly coloured go carts and such. do you want a modern zen feel, or a resorty bali style thingy. Think about that, look thru interior decor books for inspiration.

Dont skimp on the permanent stuff- tiles, flooring, WC- lots of hacking if you dont like it. The other stuff you can buy piece meal. Think quality- good furniture will LAST. They will even look great worn down. Zen stuff. Ikea looks great NEW, but with a scratch, there goes the fantastic look.

Oh yeah and STORAGE STORAGE STORAGE.

• SRC Member
Intending to spend about $30K on reno... I know it's abit of a squeeze... but got budget... :(

Main things to do :

Relay flooring to whole house with wood laminate in the bedrooms

Re-do two bathrooms

Re-do Kitchen

Re-do all window grills

Air-condition whole house

Repaint whole house

Build walk-in wardobes for master-bedroom

My reef tank!!! :P

dun forget, usually the renov quote does not include laying of electrical pts and installing of lightings.. all these are money which are variable and depends on the number of pts u want,

I also budgeted $30k inclusive of lightings for the entire 5-rm in AMK but exclude the tank.. coz if i include the 5fter that i'm gonna do, it is almost if not, impossible to meet it...

but if ur 30K is just to do the flooring and all those u had mentioned and without any other carpentry stuff and kitchen stuff except ur walk-in wardrobe, it might be feasible...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
For nice designer funiture, go to Mod Living and Space @ Millenia Walk.

wah.. been there.. aint cheap!!!! :(

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

also, i do not know wat size tank u have in mind for ur new place... but too heavy like 6ft, it is good to put it besides a main pillar as the area area it is much stronger.. u dun want ur beautiful tank to become a piece of art in ur neighbour's house below right?? :lol:

also, if u are selecting furniture, if possible, do avoid Stainless Steel stuff like dining tables or suspended lighting using cables or links.. these will rust considering the proximity of ur tank and the saltwater vapour.

• SRC Member
eh guys i think u got it wrong lah.. the squirt squirt is not the "in-built" type right?

I mean there is that type u sh*t, then u move ur arse over to another "toilet bowl like thing" that shoots out water to clean ur arse... that's expensive and space wasting...

but I think what they refering to is just that extra hose with a spray nozzle u can move around... that one how expensive can it be?

Just to make it even clearer... i was refering to this squirt squirt thing at the side of my toilet bowl...

aiya..., i tot you guys refering to the bidet.

this one i also have. When i was doing the reno, first advice from dad was to fix this :lol:

think he enjoy very much using it... :lol:

wah... the spray powerful mann... but when you running a diarrhoea with the burning pain down there then you better control the flow.

paiseh Vincent off topic liao. lets get back on track :D

• SRC Member

Vincent,

As much as you didn't wan to consider Park Mall, i find IMM there also the chopper very sharp one.

But if you ever drop by IMM to see look, then you ought to check out a shop that do buit in marine tank for consumer, bet you will be very shock when they tell you how simple it is to maintain the tank.

somemore the staff told me his boss is a experienced dedicated reef keeper.