My 2ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft marine setup

Flame-Tail

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice Zoos you have there... any chance of fragging? hehe... oh the Anemone looks a bit small for the Big Mama (big female Maroon Clown) :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Thanks bro. But my tank is still only a very basic setup compared to lots of other bros out there. So you can definately have something like that.

Each day is a learning step for me . A word of advice is to just read up on marine stuff and always ask if in doubt and you're on your road to having a successful marine tank.

There are lots of helpful reefers in SRC willing to give their advice.

All the best and happy reefing.

Refugiums necessary?

• SRC Member
Very nice Zoos you have there... any chance of fragging? hehe... oh the Anemone looks a bit small for the Big Mama (big female Maroon Clown) :)

Tank small. zoos small. If frag cannot see anymore :lol: .If they propogate then can consider.

With regards to the anemone. Did not want to get too big. As long as my clown happy can already. If too big run around I headache.

• SRC Member
why do you have to put the light so high?

At that point in time I did not have a chiller. This was done to prevent the water from heating up too much as the MH light generates quite a considerable amount of heat.

With regards to the anemone. Did not want to get too big. As long as my clown happy can already. If too big run around I headache.

Extremely true... like mine... moving around bulldozing its way around... but it's too pretty to be given away... oh I manage to catch my Big Mama yesterday and given away to a kind bro. Go to my tank thread... you can see the shocking damage it is possible of inflicting... basically almost 30% of my scaping gone... along with some corals (esp. my Prata on the floor bed) injured!!! Beware of this guy... of course my Big Mama is whopping 3.5"!!!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

At that point in time I did not have a chiller. This was done to prevent the water from heating up too much as the MH light generates quite a considerable amount of heat.

Heat from MH huh? Tell me all about it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I've downgraded my lighting few days ago just because of that reason alone... so far my corals (mostly softies and LPS) are looking cool... you can visit my Product Review thread to see how my corals are adjusting to the T5 tubes... I hope I don't have to look for a new MH fixture anytime soon :erm:

Oh bro... you may wanna cover your plugs a little... I have to do something to mine too <_<

• SRC Member

Extremely true... like mine... moving around bulldozing its way around... but it's too pretty to be given away... oh I manage to catch my Big Mama yesterday and given away to a kind bro. Go to my tank thread... you can see the shocking damage it is possible of inflicting... basically almost 30% of my scaping gone... along with some corals (esp. my Prata on the floor bed) injured!!! Beware of this guy... of course my Big Mama is whopping 3.5"!!!

Mine only abt 2.5" :lol:

Mine only abt 2.5" :lol:

You can still keep it for another year or so before the destructions :lol::lol::lol: I guess it all depends on luck lar... just like some angels do well in reef tanks... have you seen those horrible pictures on my thread?

• SRC Member

You can still keep it for another year or so before the destructions :lol::lol::lol: I guess it all depends on luck lar... just like some angels do well in reef tanks... have you seen those horrible pictures on my thread?

no time to see bro. will check it out soon.

Chiller doin fine. No gems in tank. :paiseh: to show lah. :rolleyes:

Slowly lah... so fast wan gems... but one thing for sure is... for small tank like ours... after a while you will notice what are all those cheapo corals doing in your tank... our per square inch is very high $$$ lor... so you will surely go "quality not quantity" very soon... and good luck in your quest of finding treasures :lol: