Veggie Clip

hotlemond

• SRC Member

i feed nori sheet every morning and that means having to touch the tank water which i dun quite like the idea of having the chances of contaminating the water.

is this unavoidable or anyone had a way to go about it?

i am using those white plastic clip with suction cup.

• SRC Member
i feed nori sheet every morning and that means having to touch the tank water which i dun quite like the idea of having the chances of contaminating the water.

actually if you are using a plastic clip, don't use the suction cup. tie a fishing line from the clip to something outside the tank and let it dangle in the water. so you can just fish the clip out without immersing your hand in the water.

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

I also got a vege clip but gave up as what you have said, need to touch the water when putting in the clip. In the end, I used a small PVC pipe, wrap the vege and nori roung it and fasten with rubber bands and use a long plastic stick and lower it into the sand bed. When all makan already, use the same stick to retrieve it back up. Works for me. :lol:

• SRC Member

actually if you are using a plastic clip, don't use the suction cup. tie a fishing line from the clip to something outside the tank and let it dangle in the water. so you can just fish the clip out without immersing your hand in the water.

will the dangling not discourages them from eating. Just like they have to chase up and down from the current blowing it until giddy :D

• SRC Member
I also got a vege clip but gave up as what you have said, need to touch the water when putting in the clip. In the end, I used a small PVC pipe, wrap the vege and nori roung it and fasten with rubber bands and use a long plastic stick and lower it into the sand bed. When all makan already, use the same stick to retrieve it back up. Works for me. :lol:

seems interesting. but would it be possible to permanantly tie the clip to the pvc rod

• SRC Member
this is what i do:

tear the nori into small pcs and mix together wif brine shrimp & mysis,soak with garlic guard.all my fishes simply love it.

then u just pour into the main tank ah? not afraid some might not get eaten?

• SRC Member

will the dangling not discourages them from eating. Just like they have to chase up and down from the current blowing it until giddy :D

well my three blue tangs, yellow tang and flame angel have been *greedily* feeding like this for six months... have also seen this at a couple of LFS so it definitely works. whether you like the sight of something dangling in the water, that's different ;)

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

What I did was to remove the suction cup and attach the plastic clip to a long wooden chopstick with cable ties. The chopstick I used are those used to fry yew cha kuay, but any long stick also can. At the other end, I attach a cloth peg. The nori goes into the plastic clip and the cloth peg is clip to the tank. This way, when the fish pulls the nori, the chipstick remains in position.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be, be one.

Marcus Aurelius

• SRC Member

I am using Hypervtec's way of feeding my fish veg. I do not just pour them all in. I scoop in sufficient amounts and let them finish it, then the next scoop. Anyway, it won't take long. They finish them off in no time. This way, my fish eat alot of veg everyday. I tried clips, etc but I gave up the idea, as the amount they eat was limited. Cutting the seaweeds into small pieces enables them to gobble much more. You will enjoy seeing they way they eat. I use those seaweed sold in markets and medical shops - only 70cts one big round piece. Nori shhets are much more expensive. I have been feeding my fish that way for years.

I cut those seaweed brought from market into small pieces and soak in the water. Remove the seaweed and drain dry, put in a small container. I soak them with garlic juice and zoecon from kent. Keep the container in the fridge and feed accordingly.

You can prepare a big portion and use for about a week, so dont have to prepare everyday.

cheers

• SRC Member

What I did was to remove the suction cup and attach the plastic clip to a long wooden chopstick with cable ties. The chopstick I used are those used to fry yew cha kuay, but any long stick also can. At the other end, I attach a cloth peg. The nori goes into the plastic clip and the cloth peg is clip to the tank. This way, when the fish pulls the nori, the chipstick remains in position.

i like this idea. cheap and effective.

Plus..., the remaining chopstick when we buy them in pair, can scratch back :lol:

• SRC Member
I cut those seaweed brought from market into small pieces and soak in the water. Remove the seaweed and drain dry, put in a small container. I soak them with garlic juice and zoecon from kent. Keep the container in the fridge and feed accordingly.

You can prepare a big portion and use for about a week, so dont have to prepare everyday.

cheers

this is good too, will be as potent as like black chicken with red ginseng :D

I tot of this, but i suppose it will work in your methods as the nori would have been soaked to easily tear apart. And that will be difficult to use a clip.

hey, where do you guys get the Zoecon? My LFS carries almost hundreds diffiferent bottles of brands/additives but just... no Zoecon. :angry:

I just use the garlic and Tetra (Fistamin) multivit on henry's food.