how much to start your own business?

saf168

how much to start your own business?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. how much to start your own business?

• <$1000
    • $1000-$5000
    • $5000-$10000
    • $10000-$20000
    • $20000-$30000
    • >$50000

• SRC Member

Legal or illegal business?

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Every business man will tell you that what your friend is saying is rubbish. In business there friends and there are "friends". So take my advise as a friend.

1. Know what you are doing?

2. What is the nature of business?

3. Who is this "friend"?

4. Is there an R.O.C? (registration of businesses and companies)

I agree with the rest that failure must not in your vocabulary. But think twice maybe thrice.

As they say money spend can be earn but money lost???

People who always talk abt returns before even running the business are only dreamers or con man.

Don't take this the wrong way I don't mean to be rude or offend anybody? As they say once bitten twice shy. I have been bitten before and it did not go down smooth. Tons of loan is not easy thing to go to bed with.

I think I have said enough. I hope you get the picture. Forgive me if my words are harsh.

Peace out.

• SRC Member
Every business man will tell you that what your friend is saying is rubbish. In business there friends and there are "friends". So take my advise as a friend.

1. Know what you are doing?

2. What is the nature of business?

3. Who is this "friend"?

4. Is there an R.O.C? (registration of businesses and companies)

I agree with the rest that failure must not in your vocabulary. But think twice maybe thrice.

As they say money spend can be earn but money lost???

People who always talk abt  returns before even running the business are only dreamers or con man.

Don't take this the wrong way I don't mean to be rude or offend anybody? As they say once bitten twice shy. I have been bitten before and it did not go down smooth. Tons of loan is not easy thing to go to bed with.

I think I have said enough. I hope you get the picture. Forgive me if my words are harsh.

Peace out.

agree with flying carpet...THERE'S NO FREE LUNCH

i come from a business family, almost my entire generation is in business and i can pretty much tell you capital is HUGE, and its gonna be VERY tough...u'll practically have no more time for anything else except your business...and its very heart pain when you pump in so much effort only to see that you make loss or profit is marginal in the first few yrs.

and if this business is in singapore, i urge you to think twice...singapore market is very small and already very saturated...don't be expecting 7000% returns...its almost impossible.

and i also got bitten like flying carpet just last yr...and i can pretty much assure you these people who sweet talk big profits in short amts of time are VERY smooth talkers who can brain wash you well...so beware

remember...NO FREE LUNCH!

Really thanks to all the fellow reefer who reply to this thread...

I am thinking .... now there is this company offering partnership to anyone who is desperate to do his/her own business for only less than $3k..

1) dun need to obey orders anymore

2) Be your own boss

3) Flexible hour

4) 100% profit payout

5) Everyone in the company is motivating you

etc

etc

etc

And some ppl earing 5digits salary are rushing into this company... why?

And if they kena 'cheat' of $ , how much will that be? less than $3k only

So ...... I still decided to give it a try for 6mths.

10 condition to join the company - - Work hard,work hard,work hard,work hard............................................................................

And if i fail, only lose less than $3k ( worth the risk right? )

:bow: thanks again for all fellow reefer's time .. I will setup a 6ft tank once i succeed!! :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

I smell a "fish" - not marine fish, but fishy business. What you mentioned about the business you are keen to join is typically what your well meaning reef friends cautioned about. I am 7000% sure that it is one of those "get rich quick" scams.

If money is so easy to earn, why should anyone want to share it with others? They may as well earn them themselves and be rich. It is pretty obvious that either they are not sure themselves about the profitability of the business and they want others to fork out the capital for them so that if it fails they don't lose a cent. That is still not too bad. The obvious indications of a scam are already mentioned by you yourself (shown below):

1) dun need to obey orders anymore

2) Be your own boss

3) Flexible hour

4) 100% profit payout

5) Everyone in the company is motivating you

etc

etc

etc

It is definitely too good to be true. Even big and reputable companies cannot guarantee anything - not to mention 7000% returns and certainly not at this time when the economy has not fully recovered. By the way, who are the "Everybody in the company"? If they are so sure about making so much money , they shouldn't be there wasting time "motivating others" in the first place. There are still lots of nice and helpful people around, but they don't help you to make money. This is more than just a FREE LUNCH, they are inviting you to a BANQUET and you might end up having to wash dishes.

Sorry to have to put the way I did, but I do not wish to see another young man like you being taken advantage of by unscrupulous people. This is a SCAM!!!!!

• SRC Member

$3k may not seem to be alot of money to you but after they got your $3k they will give you other reason or even proposal stating that they are expanding and then they ask for more than that.

Then they'll say that if you don't believe them they will return you $3k and say that you're missing out on the piece of pie.

Young man everybody wants to be rich. Who doesn't? But the feeling of being cheated? Will last for a long time and the hatred never dies. Don't be blinded by people saying that even white collars are investing.

10 more conditions for you other than working hard.

Think and think again x 10

• SRC Member

Sound like a "Nigerian Scam". Who in the world is so nice as to help people make money? Ever heard of another saying? "God help those who help themselves" Even GOD Almighty does not do it - universal to all religions.

If you believe that "money can grow on trees" - good luck to you!!

Before you say good bye to your $3000 think 100 X. Lay off young man, use it to buy some beautiful corals, which at least you will have the pleasure of admiring them for some time; spend them meaningfully with your loved ones and save some for better ends. Being cheated is a terrible feeling that will last a long long time.

Hope you are convinced!!!!

• SRC Member

Sigh... really there's no such thing as 7000% returns in 2 years... that's just crazy.. don't be blinded by the money bro.. THINK!!

If it were so easy then everyone would be doing it.. as for working hard? who doesn't work hard?