My 4 Ft Tank

DeepBlue

• SRC Member

my brown staghorn and 1 acro turned white after i changed to hamilton...hope nothing goes wrong...the rest are still alright and growing...

finger crossed <_<B)

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

yup...only got 1 ballast...no choice..just change the bulb and didn't aclimatise.....

going to sell away the smaller LR and get bigger ones...too many small LR and tonga branches liao...

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller

I am hoping for it to grow faster...now only a small frag.....dun know when can frag the guy :erm: ... :lol:

I am going to shift the guy under better light coverage....hope to get a better shot and it will colour up better

Ah is that the acropora echinata

• SRC Member
I am hoping for it to grow faster...now only a small frag.....dun know when can frag the guy :erm: ... :lol:

I am going to shift the guy under better light coverage....hope to get a better shot and it will colour up better

:D Me take Q now can?

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!

the rate my acros are growing under the 14000k...it will take a long long time.....best supplement a 6500k iwasaki :evil:

my birdnest from a reefer.......pinking up but base not doing well....I didnt place it properly a while back......considering fragging it....hmmmm... :erm:

post-34-1086187637.jpg

catalina goby again....getting more bold liaoz.....hope to get shots of both of them together soon....still hiding most of the time <_<

post-34-1086187702.jpg

its been what quite a few days....doing well and eating well.....braz. gramma or temp....not much a concern so far... monitoring.....'

saw them in LCK again...not moving fast in sales...a lot left...guess pple are not willing to try (esp with that price tag)

as I say...in my tank....beats in the farm foam box anytime

the rate my acros are growing under the 14000k...it will take a long long time.....best supplement a 6500k iwasaki :evil:

my birdnest from a reefer.......pinking up but base not doing well....I didnt place it properly a while back......considering fragging it....hmmmm... :erm:

Hehe..looks like I'm not the only one having problems with birdnest colonies. My frags doing damn well though. Read today in the Garf website, that for many newly arrived wild-collected sps they will usually frag off the heads and wait for new growth. Something about the acro heads growing to suit the conditions in the wild, which might not be duplicated in captivity. That's one of the reasons why they usually will start receding from the lower tissues.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

maybe...I'll montior and see.....will update the condition later in the week....dun see it getting worst though ;)

Really really beautiful tank and corals u have man!!! Envy.... :lol: Simply love the button brains u have.... The colours seems like they are popping out!!! haha... Not forgetting that variety of acros u now have in your tank....Sweet!!! Hey DB bro, if u ever frag the birdnest, please do spare me a frag or two also...heh...

"Save a reef, grow your own"

its been what quite a few days....doing well and eating well.....braz. gramma or temp....not much a concern so far... monitoring.....'

saw them in LCK again...not moving fast in sales...a lot left...guess pple are not willing to try (esp with that price tag)

as I say...in my tank....beats in the farm foam box anytime

25c dunno how long my chiller going to run.. hehe..

oh well, I am going to kick in my MH soon, then chiller gonna to work more..

there's always some trend, remember the bubbles n coco worms..

now nobody mention much abt them any more..

think the main reason is that bubbles are very pricey nowadays.....going at $50 and $60s...coco worms are not cheap again :erm:

think the main reason is that bubbles are very pricey nowadays.....going at $50 and $60s...coco worms are not cheap again :erm:

alot of things are veri pricey these days..

all using excuses their stocks are certified, which I dun really believe.

I just gave one LFS owner a piece of my mind the other day..

LPS price used to be much cheaper....do you remember yumas used to be dirt cheap...now we are hearing $20s and $25s for the nice-coloured ones

I just gave one LFS owner a piece of my mind the other day..

How?

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Saw this in SL...I think....3 only

Acanthurus nigrofuscus , the blackish Brown or Spot-Cheeked Surgeonfish. And moderate behavior toward other fishes qualify the Brown Tang as a desirable aquarium species especially as an algae controller.

post-34-1086229911.jpg

• SRC Member
Saw this in SL...I think....3 only

Acanthurus nigrofuscus , the blackish Brown or Spot-Cheeked Surgeonfish. And moderate behavior toward other fishes qualify the Brown Tang as a desirable aquarium species especially as an algae controller.

algae controller????? i think my kole is all the lawnmowing i need :rolleyes::lol: