My 4 Ft Tank

DeepBlue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From LiveAquaria

It should be housed in a 30 gallon or larger aquarium. Rarely will it become aggressive towards other fish, but is territorial, and will fight with its own kind unless they are a mated pair. It is a hardy cleaner species that will service tank mates, cleaning them of parasites, which may help control some diseases, such as Ich.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

I think they belong to the same genus...they will....something like PBT and PbrTang.... :lol:

I have read in the 500plus essential guide they will eat off the ich juice of something.....

anyway, terryz..good job in searching for the info..thanks ;)

my cam is not doing some cool justice to the new bulbs I have installed...will try to take another shot with the other cam tomorrow....

changed to Hamilton Tech 14000K bulbs today...will wait for the bulbs to burn in...actual tank look is more white than the photo looks ;)

post-34-1083073943.jpg

wow nice effect but i hope that you know 14k give off lower PAR....... My fren's clam(especially maxima) bleach under such lighting and also growth for sps become alot slower......... hope you got something to supplement for the growth

wow nice effect but i hope that you know 14k give off lower PAR....... My fren's clam(especially maxima) bleach under such lighting and also growth for sps become alot slower......... hope you got something to supplement for the growth

I know...actually not looking for high par as I dun really want the acros to grow so fast...was planning to try and get interesting colours from the lights... hope it works...(read good reviews about these bulbs)

if not change to another brand lor :lol:

I know...actually not looking for high par as I dun really want the acros to grow so fast...was planning to try and get interesting colours from the lights... hope it works...(read good reviews about these bulbs)

if not change to another brand lor :lol:

why dun you try hamilton on one side while the other put back your BLV........ then place your clam under the BLV(10000k right??)

good advice...will try tomorrow..anyway...my clams on the sand bed...

if I have 2 different bulbs...might look funny, actualy the best will be to add a third bulb in between to blend the lights.... ;)

just taken another look at my tank..the 14000K bulbs are really quite good. Give a white look to your tank with a bluish tint. though lower par than 10000k but should be better than 20000K bulbs...

I was hoping to achieve something in between, getting interesting colours and yet can achieve some growth rate as well (not too much though....I have a small tank, and I dun like to frag things)

But from what i know the 6500k yellowish color wun be easily balance out even with two 14000k...

quite alright, I was using a Iwasaki 6500K for a month plus......quite Ok. I am quite sure it'll work :lol:

• SRC Member
just taken another look at my tank..the 14000K bulbs are really quite good. Give a white look to your tank with a bluish tint. though lower par than 10000k but should be better than 20000K bulbs...

I was hoping to achieve something in between, getting interesting colours and yet can achieve some growth rate as well (not too much though....I have a small tank, and I dun like to frag things)

quite alright, I was using a Iwasaki 6500K for a month plus......quite Ok. I am quite sure it'll work :lol:

on the lighting hours, you can try this way to avoid seeing the yellow....

morning 1pm - 7pm 6500K

4pm - 12midnight or whatever time... 14KK

I dun think you need to on the 6500K for the full 10hr+.

In this way, you can have good growth plus nice blue visual effect, and 'save' electricity' too.

:D

I am running a coralife actinic blue from 6.30am to 11.30 pm ;)

nutx...good suggestion...but now I need to fit a 250W or 400W 6500k or 10000k bulbs in the middle :lol: