My 4 Ft Tank

DeepBlue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never really keep anthias prior to recent collection, so dun now what a super male look like...just got a alpha male(from DA's description to me)...where to find super male, how do they look like???

post-34-1076515889.jpg

thanks guys :peace:

I noticed my anthias will only appear with the males, only the 2 lyretail who is still w/o a male tend to hang out more often with the lone randall...once they schooled, they will follow the boss :lol::lol:

just took a pic of another feeding session of my anthias in blue llights.

Noticed all my 5 pruple queens swimming together and eating with the dispars already...

Realised that disregard what variety of species you have, once a group starts eating, the rest follows...even my new sunburst is swimming and eating withthem liaoz............

Purple Queens are famous for being very picky with food, normally they will starve to death...but I have been observing them for days: they are shy but will take food. after the inital 3 started taking food, the 2 new ones I added also quickly got climatised and follows the rest to eat. Seems promising.

Just contributing some exp. to share with those interested in purple queens(of course in a tank with no agreesions from damsels, angel fishes helps a lot)

Food I feed my anthias with:

Cyclopeze, mysis, small krill, brine shrimps, golden fish eggs

Feeding routine:

2 -3 times a day. (book I read up recommended 4 times)

post-34-1076645761.jpg

Bro, its doing fine, but I accidentally put it too near a sea rod, I think it must have effect on it, a little portion whitened ...but has stopped spreading....may frag that portion off, not decided, may want to let the 250W lights settle in sometime next week then decide :lol::lol: