My 4 Ft Tank

DeepBlue

Finally cut down the LS to 3 small tangs....from as many as 6...

Still trying to catch my YT....if successful.....will only keep my 2 blue hippo tang...that's the ideal number of fishes I like to keep for the time being...

catching my flame angel is almost impossible too.( I'm preparing my cynide squirt bottle :evil::evil::evil: Joking)

well, this is the right side of my mixed reef.... :lol::lol::lol: will be putting up a stronger light (250w 20000K) in the next 2 days :lol::lol::lol:

ya.. your flame is now nicely settled in my 3ft tank.

makan the mysis I dump in. pretty active. :):look:

tks million.. :bow:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking of getting a tank same size like yours .how much did u bought it at .. and did u custom made it or ?

By the way....

Hi deep blue ...i am always thinking like how much did u spent on your tank total .....?

Mine is a 4ft bow front tank....a 2nd hand tank that used to be a show tank in one of the LFS in the north...bought it at less than $500. The rest of the equipment...I upgrade them very slowly ...so also loss count of how much I spent in all......

I started with FL lights on top, skimmer with airstone(those $20 plus plus kind).....took months to upgrade to MH, H&S skimmers, now kalk reactor.....next project will be calcium reactor and 250W MH.....

so it is a gradual process...the more I learn from felllow reefers her, the better I am in equpping my tank to provide a better environment for the LS in my tank....

Nothing special about my tank....evrytime I go see other reefers' tank, I get inspired to do something to mine a little... ...bro happy reefing, take your time to slowly build up your tank...and you wont know how much you spend... :evil: can sleep better at night :evil::lol::lol::lol:

bwilly...you got a solid flame angel....take good care of him...I'm sure he will be the king in your tank...a fiesty fellow

by the way...a little update....hoping my new sps will do well, at least hold until I upgrade the lights and add in the reactor :lol::lol:

post-34-1074682648.jpg

• SRC Member
this is the latest ric..got potential, looks yellowish and pink..got speckle of colours on the bubble tips...hope it colour up veri nicely :lol::lol::lol:

It is always a pleasure to see your tank!! Bro.

So where did you get your latest ric from? Yellow is so difficult to find.

well, this is the right side of my mixed reef.... :lol::lol::lol: will be putting up a stronger light (250w 20000K) in the next 2 days :lol::lol::lol:

Lovely landscaping!

I love how your montipora cups look!

So where did you get your latest ric from? Yellow is so difficult to find.

Thanks for your the words!!! My rics??? where else but ML... :lol::lol:

Lovely landscaping!

I love how your montipora cups look!

Boss ...thanks!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I just saw a cute little white coloured crab in my acro....read that they form a symbiotic relationship, the crab helps clean away the slime on the sps...true???

That's why decided to leave it alone...Ok right??? :lol::lol::lol:

Hope the monti will colour up further and becomes more orange :lol::lol:

A Million Thanks to LinkinPark for letting me know about PR's red lobo...pick it up yesterday...its still recovering from the transportation stress... :lol:

but finally found another to replace my lost red.. :lol::lol:

now got to hunt for the metallic orange and ink ones :lol::lol:

post-34-1074704532.jpg

switched off the light and found the polyps extending....too bad no zooplankton to feed it....will try cyclopeze....but doubt it will work as they are too big....

post-34-1074707965.jpg

I am in the process of revamping the whole tank, probably got to let go most of my button polyps and leather corals so as to provide optimum water quality and cut doen the toxic released by these corals in my tank...

post-34-1074708527.jpg

let me know if u are releasing the buttons

I am releasing them very soon, very cheap...maybe this weekend :lol::lol:

LinkinPark...I have included a close up pic of the brown scroll coral that is under my monticap

post-34-1074708898.jpg

• SRC Member

give me a call and i will take 965 to ur house

and dont forget about the pic whos knows i might have the colour already hahahhaha

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

I will post maybe tomorrow or later....mostly common $4 - 5 kind. I have a lot of maroon red buttons to let go too :lol::lol:

But they are worth more....looking for someone to take all..... :lol::lol:

post-34-1074709783.jpg

• SRC Member

this colour i think i have but urs got the neno green mouth and looks big also

mine is around 5mm in dia when open up :( anymore pic ???

hahahaha so i can book now

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

sorry..not a sales section(I will put up pics of corals for sale later), but can share with you another pic of the buttons :lol:

actually, when buying corals....I always advocate...come and see it in the tank...happy ...then you buy, dun if you are not satisfied... :lol::lol:

post-34-1074710197.jpg

Another one...note hor, closeups of zoos is different when you look at it in a tank....dun be easily fooled by the camera effect :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1074710789.jpg

• SRC Member

haha this is better lol bro deepblue i think u have photo every coral in your tank is it ???and keep in your harddisk hahahahahha