My 4 Ft Tank

DeepBlue

DeepBlue..do you feed your fish garlic? I'm kinda suspicious that the ich in my tank is getting some form of resistance to garlic. I switched brands of the garlic capsules..not sure if that's why it's not that effective in preventing ich.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your favourite coral???? opening up better each day... :lol:

if you find a good one, and very sure you are able to take very good care of it..this is the coral to get :lol:

post-34-1083490998.jpg

DeepBlue..do you feed your fish garlic? I'm kinda suspicious that the ich in my tank is getting some form of resistance to garlic. I switched brands of the garlic capsules..not sure if that's why it's not that effective in preventing ich.

yup. I do dose garlic guard into the food I fed them..I am also feeding them the Formula 2 dry food :lol::lol:

I used to make my own garlic juice..but getting lazy nowadays :lol::lol:

• SRC Member
your favourite coral???? opening up better each day... :lol:

if you find a good one, and very sure you are able to take very good care of it..this is the coral to get :lol:

:evil: tmr u c it in my tank :evil: .............. whahahahahaha :lol:

think im gg to wait abt 6 more mnths after getting my kole and blue eye bristlemouth :fear:

blackcap pics please!! hehehe...

hope yours will come out swimming all the time :)

Havent release the guy yet...too early...going to try feeding it later and see, only when feb fat fat will I let him go...nowhe is happily lying the bed of ulva.... ;)

ya i heard bout tt trigger. ppl warned me nt to put an urchin with a trigger but i did and nothing happened :blink: ...

hey bro DB have u heard abt this medication???

Seriously i dun find this brand trustworthy..... octozin is suppose to be for lateral line erosion and hole- in head but now it cn be used against ich... FYI you go see other type of medication of this brand, quite a few states for ich...... Which means every brand of this medicine can cure ich??? :blink::blink::blink:

My Black Tang...eye still a bit blur blur at times....tail recovering ....still king in the tank :lol:

post-34-1083500969.jpg

• SRC Member

Seriously i dun find this brand trustworthy..... octozin is suppose to be for lateral line erosion and hole- in head but now it cn be used against ich... FYI you go see other type of medication of this brand, quite a few states for ich...... Which means every brand of this medicine can cure ich??? :blink::blink::blink:

3 bros here recommend it to me and one of them whowm i known. did see my coral reacted to it but there fine nw... normal as ever. but i think im gg to stwich on my skimming cos im gg to chicken out from this medication :lol:<_<

btw bro DB the fish looks like my orchid dottyback wearing a black cap :lol::P

3 bros here recommend it to me and one of them whowm i known. did see my coral reacted to it but there fine nw... normal as ever. but i think im gg to stwich on my skimming cos im gg to chicken out from this medication :lol:<_<

btw bro DB the fish looks like my orchid dottyback wearing a black cap :lol::P

Hmm... i have seen my fren using and he told me clams are reacting badly towards it and after a few try he stop

keke...you guys are turning my tank thread into a product review... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

not bad...at least my knowledge of medication = 0.5 now :D

Seriously...hope you get your ich problem controlled soon....I know...its very frustrating... :(

Get 5 UVz, hang them around your tank and zap those suckers :lol:

that's why I said its alright. now I know I have some form of medication I can use.... :lol: ..but I will still avoid them as much as possible ;)

Agree....as with many medicines we take....you never know what side effects there are ;) .......until its too late.....(remember Slim 9 + _)

It goes back to reef tank....avoid medication....let nature takes its course.....let your fishes(whatever is already inside) fight it and come out stronger than before...and wearing the immunity necklace :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It goes back to reef tank....avoid medication....let nature takes its course.....let your fishes(whatever is already inside) fight it and come out stronger than before...and wearing the immunity necklace :lol::lol::lol::lol:

that's very true :P

But sometimes you see the condition of the fish is quite bad and there's a high chance of losing it or that fish is very $$$ so there goes the medication.

Else let the fishes fight it out is the best solution. Anyway if the fish kanna before should have some resistance already. The 2nd round no need medication anymore :P

• SRC Member

i think i will have to agree on that. im chickening out on the medication aredi. turned on my ps and gg to place my activated carbon tml.... hearing 3 gd review on it is nothing... besides my tiny bt recovered from whitespots, blsckspots and pop eye :rolleyes: ..... so y cant my pt also recover right? :)