My 4 Ft Tank

DeepBlue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today ...a bit special, 4 years onli once, must take the auspicious time to update the ric garden, amost lost some due to water parameter or lighting problem a while back, glad they are recovering..... :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1078049097.jpg

my powder blue from PR is going strong in a tank without any aggressors....going for pellets liaos for 3 days already....seems like no ich outbreak .....whew....... :lol::lol:

post-34-1078049222.jpg

my powder blue from PR is going strong in a tank without any aggressors....going for pellets liaos for 3 days already....seems like no ich outbreak .....whew....... :lol::lol:

hey i got any powder blue for myself... very nice specimen but hopefully dun be like my previous one that attack clams

• SRC Member

Do you just feed the pellets, or you conducted some 'training' for them to take pellets?

I have to feed my anthias, so I was feeding it iwth cyclopeze(too small for him) and some fish eggs, frozen worms, small krills and stuffs, after a day or two, when I was feeding my blue tangs pellets, it came out and tried, it liked it....must be the yummy formula one brand lah.....

anyway, cyclopeze or activators, best to let the fishes take pellets as well....more balanced diet :lol:

• SRC Member

I'm using the formula two pellet. so far, only my clowns are eating them.

my newly bought PBT and Moorish are not interested in the pellet. They tried the frozen mysis shrimp and market prawn, but throw them out.....thinking of getting seaweed and cyclopeze tomorrow...

I'm more stressed than the fish now! :upsidedown:

interesting observation....my rainford's goby who has been dwelling on the substrate and pecking at the rock occasionally, decided to come out to the middle tank to explore today. Been ard for 2 weeks liaoz....very beautiful fish :lol:

post-34-1078588001.jpg

Hi DB,

Can i check with you whether rainford goby will burrow deep into DSB?

Thanks

JC

no, mine just find a corner and hide there, it will venture out when lights on.

My rainfordi doesnt seems to eat , its already in my tank for a week liao... :(

I guess not to worry lah, according to Rumour, he says:

Do monitor for me if you see it eating filamentous algae and cleaning detritus off the rocks. My rocks are kept clean, and I can't be sure if its Hector or the Rainfordi doing the vacuming

so I am assuming it will find food from the rocks. Really not sure

Don't mind me DeepBlue :P

The Rainfordi will feed primarily on the microfauna in your sandbed. I have seen mine pick on budding algae on the rocks, as well as seen it sifting on detritus on the rocks.

Mine has been around for a month or so, and is holding well, it feeds on live brineshrimp, mysis bits on the sand. I dose phyto as well to keep the pod and sandfauna population going.

Hope it helps :)

• SRC Member
Don't mind me DeepBlue :P

The Rainfordi will feed primarily on the microfauna in your sandbed. I have seen mine pick on budding algae on the rocks, as well as seen it sifting on detritus on the rocks.

Mine has been around for a month or so, and is holding well, it feeds on live brineshrimp, mysis bits on the sand. I dose phyto as well to keep the pod and sandfauna population going.

Hope it helps :)

Yes, mine keep pecking on the LR and the sandbed....but not eating BS.... :(

:lol: Decided to get this little fellow instead of chevron....my wife likes the little guy more....used to be in OP show tank for a couple of months :lol: very cute and small :lol: pecking and eating whatever food I throw in.....like the big yellow eye!!!

Surprisingly, my PBT left it alone :lol::lol:

Anthias are nice...but I am still a angel and tang person....so still cannot resist them.

Just like SPS is nice, but to me....LPS rules :lol:

post-34-1078757270.jpg

My sunburst.....finally...one that's doing so well, get to see it so often as I likes to hang out in the open with the barlets .... :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1078757368.jpg

He was rescaping his tank that day, took out all the LR and fishes....saw the opp. and ask him for the little fellow.....I think he was in really good mood.....

The torch he was selling on Sunday was awesome as well....love them.

Wonder when Reborn will sell those little tiny fishes they have in the 3ft tank on the 2nd level, they are so small and cute.... :wub: