Petrol

Tigger

• SRC Member

U will be suprize that most of the petrol 95, 98 are come from the same refinery :P

Some operator add additive ( eg Shell, Mobile )

Some operator sale same petrol for a bit higher price and give huge discount ( so end up same price as across the street operator who is giving less discount ).

:)

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

u should try petronas! :bow:

on my bike... all $30 top up..

v-power = 290KM

platinum = 297/300KM

esso/mobil 8000 = 320KM

SPC = 300KM but runs like dirt!

PETRONAS = guess la.... 365KM around there sia! :blink::huh::o:yeah:

btw, all the petrol i pump except petronas, is in singapore... only the petronas in malaysia... and oh ya... v-power in JB can give me abt 310KM.. much better then SG's one... my bike runs on around 21km/l to 23km/l :eyeblur:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

Hello to all drivers.

Would like to know which brand of petrol gives the best mileage. Thanks.

Esso

Mobile

Shell

SPC

etc

sorry bro, is there such thing?

all i noticed is how clean my carburator is and how smooth my bike will run on different brand...

• SRC Member
u should try petronas! :bow:

on my bike... all $30 top up..

v-power = 290KM

platinum = 297/300KM

esso/mobil 8000 = 320KM

SPC = 300KM but runs like dirt!

PETRONAS = guess la.... 365KM around there sia! :blink::huh::o:yeah:

btw, all the petrol i pump except petronas, is in singapore... only the petronas in malaysia... and oh ya... v-power in JB can give me abt 310KM.. much better then SG's one... my bike runs on around 21km/l to 23km/l :eyeblur:

wah. JB veri difficult to find leh. hehe...

cannot compare here driving n there.

stop n drive condition here will waste much more petrol.

if you "run" in Malaysia alot n on their highway, you get

better mileage.

I get abt 11+km/L from their Caltex 97.

good enuff for me.

:)

• SRC Member
its weird, but i really felt the extra 50km when im using the SPC 98

Compare to what :P

Anyway, there is no such real compare... traffic condation is different everytime.

Last time, my car 72L full tank, can drive from Singapore ( Hougang ) to Thailand Border :P yes VPower and 220Km/hr.......

If u want better milage, need to know what is your car engine's SWEET SPOT.

My car Audi A6 2.4's SWEET SPOT is 140 km/hr - 11L/100Km.

but if I drive 220km/hr go up to 13.5L/100Km.

However if I drive 90Km/hr only 8L/100Km...

This is FULL MEASURED IN NORTH SOUTH HIGHWAY when NOT TRAFFIC....

So find your car's SWEET SPOT ;) like ......

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
Hello to all drivers.

Would like to know which brand of petrol gives the best mileage. Thanks.

Esso

Mobile

Shell

SPC

etc

I dont think different petrol will give you different mileages.............I think its more the way we ride or drive & maintenance of the mechanical parts due to wear and tear or mis-tune............maybe that week kena more traffic jam(moving off from stationary requires more energy as compared to cruising)........or filter nv change or exhaust plug or spark plug foul..........etc

Just go for petrol slightly above your recommend ron will do(prevent knocking). I think in Singapore for most of the stock(no engine mod) car/bikes........95 ron is more than good enough.

Eric

My mom has a friend working in a petroleum company. After a survey they did across all the different brand of petrol, found out that Caltex comes out top of the list.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

So far, find that 92 is the worst of the lot. If u gonna scrap the car, 92 good enough. :P

For me, 95 and 98 not much diff in terms of mileage except 98 gives u smoother and better pick up compared to 95.

Overall, think that how we drive oso plays a part in the mileage.... step with a featherlike foot bros. :D

Watch your thoughts’ they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

--Frank Outlaw

• SRC Member
i think 92 is more than enough . in countries like US 93/94 is somewhat of a luxury

Octane 92 is common in USA because all the car's ECU are programmed differently. The petrol in Japan is Octane 100 standard throughout the whole country. So if you parallel import those JDM high performance cars, have to be careful to use 100 Octane or else knocking will come.

Talking about different brand, due to the additives added, there are some difference in a car's performance. I have used Shell XO/V-Power the car gets pinging, after I switched to Caltex Platinum 100, the pinging stops.

• SRC Member

Octane 92 is common in USA because all the car's ECU are programmed differently. The petrol in Japan is Octane 100 standard throughout the whole country. So if you parallel import those JDM high performance cars, have to be careful to use 100 Octane or else knocking will come.

Talking about different brand, due to the additives added, there are some difference in a car's performance. I have used Shell XO/V-Power the car gets pinging, after I switched to Caltex Platinum 100, the pinging stops.

Correct me if I'm wrong, all car's user manual will indicate the min/recommended grade of petrol to use.

JC

• SRC Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, all car's user manual will indicate the min/recommended grade of petrol to use.

JC

For both my present and previous parallel imported JDM cars, the manuals although in Japanese language, does not indicate what is the minimum octane requirements. This is partly because like I mentioned, in Japan, there is only 1 standard grade of octane 100 at all petrol stations.

I guess when the local distributor sold cars for the Singapore market (which had their car's ECU customised before leaving the factory in Japan), then the manual will state the minimum octane rating. Likewise, as in the USA, as the country's common octane rating is usually 92, their car's ECU are already programmed before they arrive into the country.

• SRC Member

Lelong lelong on petrol gonna end soon....

Nevermind bros out there, we could always go up north.

Can consider 50% discount man :whistle:D:whistle:P

Watch your thoughts’ they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

--Frank Outlaw