How to determine banded Coral shrimp's sex ?

thiamkee

• SRC Member

Hi bros, this is for my other tank.

Previously I have only one banded Coral shrimp, it is happily living by itself,

it is 12cm pincer to pincer and not very aggressive towards by fishes.

Just 2 weeks ago, I got 2 more Banded Coral shrimp from a bro, I introduced

the first smaller shrimp into the tank, it tear off the happy shrimp's pincer as they straight away fight to their death. But only one pincer was taken off, the fight ended.

Then I introduced the second BCS, it tored off my 12cm shrimp all pincers and legs and feeding arms, and also the latter shrimp's one pincer and leg.

I quickly quarantined my 12cm shrimp, amazing it didnt die, now I can see the broken off limbs growing back.

Now left with the 2 new comers, after fighting, we seems to become friends. The smaller shrimp like to follow the bigger one. If I am correct, maybe they are different ######.

Now my next question is if after a couple of months, the quarantined shrimp grow back his pincers and legs, are they going to fight until limbs drop off again? If they are, then I have to think of letting go one of them.

If I am not wrong, the larger CBS will turn out to be female and carry eggs which is like a green lump under her belly.

The smaller CBS will be the male and if it accepted by the larger female, then everything's fine... if not... -_-

• SRC Member

thanks bro, hmm seems like the smaller is the male like u said, but kana one pincer torn apart. How about the other bigger BCS in my quarantine, i think it is also a female because previously I saw it carries eggs. Its limbs are slowing reforming, so one male one female ok, if female accepted the male, everything is fine. How about one male, two female?

Actually I dont know who torn off the bigger female's limbs? I came back and saw the container got loose, and the 3 shrimps come together fighting each other, I am quite shocked that a small little pincers can do so much damage.

• SRC Member
thanks bro, hmm seems like the smaller is the male like u said, but kana one pincer torn apart. How about the other bigger BCS in my quarantine, i think it is also a female because previously I saw it carries eggs. Its limbs are slowing reforming, so one male one female ok, if female accepted the male, everything is fine. How about one male, two female?

Actually I dont know who torn off the bigger female's limbs? I came back and saw the container got loose, and the 3 shrimps come together fighting each other, I am quite shocked that a small little pincers can do so much damage.

if its one male and two female...

then you will have a nice little orgy.

:lol: