Heart Pain

ong

Sigh...pal, keep the flame burning...

Just finish cycling my tank for seahorses only and most probably get those captive-bred... :P

Also had so much problems with wild ones...

Flubberina..go get the H.Reidi...saw them myself...darn beautiful! :lol:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Think WC also. But I think should be easier to feed compared to other seahorses...they can take larger prey. Think its about $50 for one if I'm not wrong...but really worth it...they got sell live mysis shrimp too...can feed them that while you train urs to eat frozen mysis...

Hehe...want go later have a look? I might be going...need to buy grasshoppers around there. :eyebrow:

H.Reidi sold in Singapore are not Captive-breed. All wild caught but as what FuEl said, very nice lah due to the colouration. I lost one still have 3. Looking for another two female. So, if anyone got a chance to know which place still got H.Reidi, will appreciate if you could let me know......Thks

Hi Ancelot,

Appreciate in advance ;)

You can log on to Real's (One of the reefer here) photo webby to take a look:

http://community.webshots.com/album/78634379sclcdg

Real, hope u don't mind as I do not have d-cam.....looking at your photo and I readi miss my yellow female reidi..........

Rgds

• SRC Member

Ong, no problem at all, free advertisement for me so more :P

sorry to hear about your heavy lost, esp the expensive reidi. How come your tank have pop-eye disease twice, me and acedophin never encounter this disease leh?

brother you should control your urge from buying for time being. Let the outbreak settle down first, otherwise another havoc again.

sorry to hear about your heavy lost, esp the expensive reidi. How come your tank have pop-eye disease twice, me and acedophin never encounter this disease leh?

brother you should control your urge from buying for time being. Let the outbreak settle down first, otherwise another havoc again.

Add some medication maybe?

Can try octozin by waterlife...Very effective at killing organisms responsible for ich, hole-in the head and other protozoa & bacterial diseases

I suspect is the two H.Barbouri that I got two week ago from R.W. As you know I lost a pair of H.Barbouri from the 1st outbreak, keep thinking to get a pair to try again. Well, wrong move. Should not have even try to think abt it. Anyway, I have change the UV tubes since the life is end soon and hope would be a better control for outbreak. This Sat. 50% water change again. As you said, I will be stoping adding the SH till the next 2 weeks all are OK. I may sell most of mine old SH (comes) away or put them back to the sea after every back to normal and just focus on H.reidi SH only. Guess what? one of my old young comes just give birth to 5 flies two days ago. This morning the flies let only 2 still swiming. Not very high hope.....My the other old big Kuda currently is at early stage of pregnancy after long and hard time of courtship....not easy for him as most of the lady are young and he is old man liao.

Hi FuEl, medication...no way I put this in my main tank.......

Hi Ong,

It's advisable to flush the whole tank rather than 50% cause the virus might be reduce to minimum. Giving it some time, it might come back full force. As you had been using UV, and yet the problem still exist, it might not be effective against it. This apply the same to hydroid, removing it one by one maybe temporary but once it mass reproduce, losses will be higher. I experienced it a month back when I loss 10 of my pony. Immediately, I switch to a new tank. No problem since. Touch wood.

• SRC Member

hi Ong, if you are selling your WC H.comes after things settled, I am interested in getting a male from you. Safer than buying from LFS, which may not eat or disease prone. I have a female H.comes without a mate.

Hmmm....octozin by waterlife is safe lah..

I have tried it in my reef tank...it works. It's not strong in any way..it's just subtle smooth working medicine. Nothing died...except the ich.

You can ask Henry from ML about the product...He has them in stock. IMO very very few LFS have this product. Last time I want to find extra stock also so hard to find..now I know where to go look for it. :D