Starfish?

• SRC Member

hmz... 2ft tank now in 2nd week of cycling....

still tryin to exercise paitence..

me intend to keep maybe 2 or 3 starfish... and 1 or 2 dwarf lions.. and prob 1 or 2 shrimps....

but anyway... wanna ask... for starfish hor... need any special light?? like aneomne lidat... and wad kinda stuff they eat?? brine shrimp left on sandbed??? :unsure:

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

hmz... 2ft tank now in 2nd week of cycling....

still tryin to exercise paitence..

me intend to keep maybe 2 or 3 starfish... and 1 or 2 dwarf lions.. and prob 1 or 2 shrimps....

but anyway... wanna ask... for starfish hor... need any special light?? like aneomne lidat... and wad kinda stuff they eat?? brine shrimp left on sandbed??? :unsure:

hey only a few king of starfish are reef safe one is the blue linkia star which feed on algae.... And starfish don't need light........

Or you can get this type (see picture). No need to feed or do anything. It lives on bacteria. Make sure your tank is fully cycled. I would suggest you wait 2 more months.

Thanks

Huh eat bacteria??? no look at the info on it here

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...d=23&pCatId=581

• SRC Member

Yes the red fromia that Henry has is a gd recommendation to keep. Plus the green serpent/brittle star that he has also very gd scavenger. The lettuce nudibranch is tempting but frankly I dont really trust nudibranches hahaha.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

ok.... shrimp and dwarf lions are not a good match... thank u....

wah... starfish lidat.... :( haiz... sad sad... saw some nice blackish blackish ones at lim chu kang...

oh yah... heard mandarin got special diets.... anyone care to enlighten me??? :angel::angel::angel:

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

Hi bro, yah mandarin goby got special diet, it eats pods and other small small crustaceans and since your tank only cycled for 2 weeks then the pod community is also not yet very established. Eventually you will find that it finish eating all the pods and starve to death because got nothing to eat liao. Some will wean off some will not. Most of the mandarin friends kept all kena the same destiny.

See this link for more info http://www2.hawaii.edu/~delbeek/delb15.html

• SRC Member
ok.... shrimp and dwarf lions are not a good match... thank u....

wah... starfish lidat.... :( haiz... sad sad... saw some nice blackish blackish ones at lim chu kang...

oh yah... heard mandarin got special diets.... anyone care to enlighten me??? :angel::angel::angel:

Blackish starfish? How big, and how much? U know what's it's called?