Old people walking all hunched-back!

Achilles Tang

Don't these look like old people walking? :D

amphipods2.jpg

These are actually amphipods... and I photo'ed these creatures from the back of my new tank.

They are actually safe between the glass wall and the intank black acrylic backdrop.

I see some small worms as well as isopods with them...

Amphipods are supposed good water quality indicators: More info here and here.

amphipods.jpg

I have thousands of tiny isopods in my refugium.... I'll post a pix if I can get a clear one...

I spend a fair bit of time looking at these fascinating crustaceans chasing each other, swimming around, speeding around and doing what they do like on the Discovery Channel... ;)

• SRC Member

I saw a few in my tank too. They only start their swimming at night and their darting speed is as fast as the light leaving my torch. Unfortunately, their lives didn't last long when they darted straight into the arms of my "ever-welcoming" bubble coral who grabbed it with gusto.

Interesting. I am curious how did you manage to take the shot. Were they standing still...all of them...at the same time? Hmm...Well behaved little pods.

What other "microfauna" do you see in your tank at the moment. Do you see those tiny little worms that twill and gyrate themselves in mid water in a dance like routine?...and those mickey mouse heads...any of those taken a foothold in your new tank yet?

I paid them $100 to stand still facing right.. ;)

Actually, they are sandwiched between the glass wall and the black acrylic backdrop inside the tank... I think some of them have wedged themselves in too tight... and can't move no more! ;)

Yes I just saw a thin white worm about 2 cm long twirling in my water mid-column in my refugium.

Haven't seen those 'mickey mouse' tunicates taking hold in my tank yet.

I paid them $100 to stand still facing right.. ;)

Actually, they are sandwiched between the glass wall and the black acrylic backdrop inside the tank... I think some of them have wedged themselves in too tight... and can't move no more! ;)

Yes I just saw a thin white worm about 2 cm long twirling in my water mid-column in my refugium.

Haven't seen those 'mickey mouse' tunicates taking hold in my tank yet.

• SRC Member

.....MAN, this is sooooo IRONIC!!! My tank is full of brown dino, and yet I just discovered one green(so cute! looks as if someone painted it with a brush!) pod darting in the overflow compartment...Arent these guys 'good water' indicators? Wat the hell is happening to my water!?!?!?! :blink::wacko:

• SRC Member

These guys aren't good water quality indicators. If they are prolific, it just means that there's lotsa food for them.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Who me? :o Don't see any cyano or dino outbreaks... so I am not overfeeding.

Nah.... I don't see lots of these.... only the isopods and copepods.... I think there must be thousands and thousands of these... inclusive the swimming kind.

I think when I get a mandarinfish.... he'll become a pig!

post-7-1036991276.jpg