My New 5 x 2.5 x 2.5

haanZii

• SRC Member

Bros out there,

need some advise, bought 2 macro algae 2 weeks back, on my light for 24hrs for a week & then switch to 12 hour daily from morning 6am to evening 6pm. all have been well till yesterday that i discovered that the macro algae dying.... any bro can enlighten me on why this happen???

i'm still doing my cycling with some additional fishes & 2 anemone.. no coral at all... :(

cheers

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

this is for bro giant bicycle,

bro this is the tools that i have....

the rest will be posted here & after..

post-34-1120660294.jpg

• SRC Member

last...still got some other tool...post some other time when i dig out from store..

post-34-1120660646.jpg

• SRC Member

Wah piang eh! Now we know who to ask for tools! :P:lol:

You related to phua chu kang huh? (just joking) :P

Pretty cool to have so many tools man! :bow:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member
Bros out there,

need some advise, bought 2 macro algae 2 weeks back, on my light for 24hrs for a week & then switch to 12 hour daily from morning 6am to evening 6pm. all have been well till yesterday that i discovered that the macro algae dying.... any bro can enlighten me on why this happen???

i'm still doing my cycling with some additional fishes & 2 anemone.. no coral at all... :(

cheers

Brother....I too face the same problem during my early days when setting up my tank.......the algae (in my refugium) just die off after several days.......I suspect the phospate or slicate level is not high enough to support the growth of the algae.......can anybody shed some light here.......I wish to know as well......... :paiseh:

Now I have to trim and trim....at least 1 time per month.....growing like wild fire....... <_<

• SRC Member
Wah piang eh! Now we know who to ask for tools! :P:lol:

You related to phua chu kang huh? (just joking) :P

Pretty cool to have so many tools man! :bow:

Bro dun play play ar.

heehee! all this stuff bought along the way when i diy all kind of stuff....

• SRC Member

Brother....I too face the same problem during my early days when setting up my tank.......the algae (in my refugium) just die off after several days.......I suspect the phospate or slicate level is not high enough to support the growth of the algae.......can anybody shed some light here.......I wish to know as well......... :paiseh:

Now I have to trim and trim....at least 1 time per month.....growing like wild fire....... <_<

Bro,

thks for the info, at least there is something for me to study on....

anyway, all pro bros out there do be kind to share more info on this pleaseeeeee....

Cheer!

• SRC Member

well haanZii, spot quite a number of mistake... dont too many till i dont know what to comment...

But 1 word in advise... follow with your eye and ear and not follow bindly and become another one, that is monkey see monkey do...

I may sound too straight forward on my commend but it's for your own good...

I should not commend further else wait alot of ppls shoot me... since too many expert in only paper talk ppls here...

• SRC Member
well haanZii, spot quite a number of mistake... dont too many till i dont know what to comment...

But 1 word in advise... follow with your eye and ear and not follow bindly and become another one, that is monkey see monkey do...

I should not commend further else wait alot of ppls shoot me... since too many expert in only paper talk ppls here...

:off: I'm sure Bro haanzii welcomes you to highlight the possible mistakes he made in his setup that you might have eliminated in your own setup.Why not share it with fellow reefers with your tank as testament?If you keep saying you should not comment further else wait alot of ppl shoot you, aren't you contradicting yourself to being as an expert in paper talk too?Bro weileong has shown his setup with good results using zeovit.Though he has been accused of showing off or wateva reason...he has proven his method of reeing is successful.

Just my point of view, don't take it to heart. :bow:

• SRC Member
are u running a FR? using phos absorb media???

Bro,

no i've not install a FR yet, but i had place active carbon at the sump water input.

was told that FR need not to be install during the cycling process period so did not install...... :(

• SRC Member

:off: I'm sure Bro haanzii welcomes you to highlight the possible mistakes he made in his setup that you might have eliminated in your own setup.Why not share it with fellow reefers with your tank as testament?If you keep saying you should not comment further else wait alot of ppl shoot you, aren't you contradicting yourself to being as an expert in paper talk too?Bro weileong has shown his setup with good results using zeovit.Though he has been accused of showing off or wateva reason...he has proven his method of reeing is successful.

Bros out there,

Let me put it this way, we are wat we are & time to time, we can't possibly please each and everyone in src here, some pple might felt that i am too trying to show off my stuff which to be frank, i have no intent to, all i want is to share & show how & wat i did over my setup & things that i've had used/done. reefing goes a long way & there are really too many method of reefing/setup which works very well depending on the reefer's commitment & effort. i must admit that i am still very new & really not knowledgeable on reefing thus this is why i would like to from time to time post question/problem in order to find out more & gain more experience & of course each of u bros out there do have yr own opinion & comments but most importantly, we are here to learn & to know of each others experience/sucess story. so i sincerely hope u bros out there do give yr comment/opinion, good or bad, it will be a lesson to me & all others who read this thread.

Cheers & reef all the way. :D:lol:

• SRC Member

Bro,

i know i've made mistake & it would be great if u could help me point out wat mistake i've made. as i'm just starting for about 3 weeks only & should there be a need to correct my mistake, i would gladly appreciate yr comment so i can make ammendment now rather than regret later. yr advise will be of great help to me & other reefers too.

Cheer! :lol::D

• SRC Member

well dont worry you want result i will proof to your soon...

nvm i will not talk further... until i show my result...

I do have my proof of my tank months ago, not in src.. but in zeovit thread...

now my tank is going under another phase of change.. once it's settle and kick in.. i will start showing all the proof you want.. :P

• SRC Member

As for haanZii, sorry for this mess...

but like i say time and time I have teach and alot of ppls still end up like to listen to those rubbish and paper talk ppls...

so I have give up guiding ppls.. unless i met them and know them enough else I will reverse my comment.

Since SRC is too over run with kids.. so i teach also useless, kids nowaday r too proud and give too much paper talk..

• SRC Member
You should start running FR with phosphate removal media.Cycling not completed?

Bro,

k. in this case....guess i really bo pian have to go get the FR liao...was actually thinking of getting it in 1 to 2 months time......CO sure going to bang table.... :(

my cycling is only about 2 weeks plus...was thinking after a month then install FR..but guess plan have to change.

• SRC Member
As for haanZii, sorry for this mess...

but like i say time and time I have teach and alot of ppls still end up like to listen to those rubbish and paper talk ppls...

so I have give up guiding ppls.. unless i met them and know them enough else I will reverse my comment.

Since SRC is too over run with kids.. so i teach also useless, kids nowaday r too proud and give too much paper talk..

Bro Alanseah,

i know of yr fustration & fully understand wat u had experience. my sincere apologise for bring u into this. hope to meet u in near future & learn from u.

Cheers!!

• SRC Member

Bro,

k. in this case....guess i really bo pian have to go get the FR liao...was actually thinking of getting it in 1 to 2 months time......CO sure going to bang table.... :(

my cycling is only about 2 weeks plus...was thinking after a month then install FR..but guess plan have to change.

save the trouble follow ppls and keep buying this and that..

1st u must ask yourself what method of reefing u r going for.. cause they r many and i have try them all...

2nd what type of reef tank u want to keep.. cause this is the key...

and lastly your mistake is to use tap water should use ro/di.. unless u sure your tap water p04 is what value...

so if you run on ro/di in the 1st place why need to buy those ex FR with phosphate removal media which later stage u might dont need due to change of reefing method or even worst u dont know how to use the phosphate media and end up do more harm then removing your p04...

• SRC Member

well dont worry you want result i will proof to your soon...

nvm i will not talk further... until i show my result...

I do have my proof of my tank months ago, not in src.. but in zeovit thread...

now my tank is going under another phase of change.. once it's settle and kick in.. i will start showing all the proof you want.. :P

I seen your post's in Zeovit forum,keigo.You are entering phase 3 into zeovit.I only meant if you want to advise just say it out. You are getting the results soon i'm sure.You are not the only one that went BB :upsidedown:

• SRC Member

I seen your post's in Zeovit forum,keigo.You are entering phase 3 into zeovit.I only meant if you want to advise just say it out. You are getting the results soon i'm sure.You are not the only one that went BB :upsidedown:

o did i say my BB allow me to enter stage 3 in zeovit... lolz...

go check around how many in src just go BB and how many still complain they r still in the red carpet club or still suffer from algae problem...

pls hor it dont mean BB is the key to success in zeovit hor.. u look around in zeovit and u see those ppls who success also not in BB hor...