• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

It's called Apitasia. bad anemone

It has a moto "Dont even think of removing me. If you do, you wont get past more of my kind. I will just grow, grow and grow more. I am your worst nightmare!!! :evil: "

Solution: Peppermint Shrimps or anti-apitasia remover (I know ML sells some, might wanna check with Henry =) )

Bad News about peppermint shrimps: I heard they got a fetish for copepods just as much as they have a taste for apitasia. How true is that? Gurus please enlighten. thanks

Just my 2 cents worth~

Hi. I had some in my tank previously. I used hot water in a syringe. Must be careful and precise so as not to kill anything nearby. Must also apply it a few times to totally kill all the Aiptasia tissues or else it can regenerate from any tissues left. Hope it helps.

• SRC Member
Hi. I had some in my tank previously. I used hot water in a syringe. Must be careful and precise so as not to kill anything nearby. Must also apply it a few times to totally kill all the Aiptasia tissues or else it can regenerate from any tissues left. Hope it helps.

Bros,

thousands thks man :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks: x thousand :bow::bow::bow: xthousand.

will do pasir ris to but some pepper mint shrimp. me scare liao man :shock:

any ideal how much it cost for a pepper mint shrimp?? & which LFS got sell ar???

been very lacking for few month thus really lost track to all LFS liao.

thks in advance man.

• SRC Member

just kill it with lime water if it is within reach by using syringe

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

Bros,

thousands thks man :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks: x thousand :bow::bow::bow: xthousand.

will do pasir ris to but some pepper mint shrimp. me scare liao man :shock:

any ideal how much it cost for a pepper mint shrimp?? & which LFS got sell ar???

been very lacking for few month thus really lost track to all LFS liao.

thks in advance man.

Hi haanzii,

Best bet is to use limewater like sunny03 said. Difficult trying to hunt down peppermint shrimp coz quite rare. LFS will bring in on occassion.

Got to do immediate action ASAP so the aiptasia will not spread.

All the best! :)

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

if that is really aptasia, and if your rock can be taken out...try taking it out and use hot water to pour on that part of the rock. nothing will survive :evil: one trick i pick up in this forum :evil::evil::evil:

Well its not advisable to kill off everything in the rock

You can just blast it with a little kalk residue and it'll die instantly <_<

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

Halo all Bros,

Finally get rid of this monster using lime some lime. & founf another one on the other LR. kill them all..... :evil:

post-34-1119797456.jpg

• SRC Member

I tried kalk before, the next week, it grow even bigger and start spreading.

I would suggest to take it out, and pour boiling water on that one part of it. After that, put the LR back to the tank. No damage done.

The part that you pour hot water will turn green at first and than white. This means that the coraline algae is died. But in no time, it will grow back. Save you a lot of effort in injecting kalk.

• SRC Member
I tried kalk before, the next week, it grow even bigger and start spreading.

I would suggest to take it out, and pour boiling water on that one part of it. After that, put the LR back to the tank. No damage done.

The part that you pour hot water will turn green at first and than white. This means that the coraline algae is died. But in no time, it will grow back. Save you a lot of effort in injecting kalk.

wat i did was i rmove the LR & pour Lime onto the monster. pour in twice then wited for 5 min, then put back the LR. so far this morning woke up also did not see it so hopefully tonite go back it gone for good.

Cheers!!

• SRC Member

if u have lugol solution it will be even better just a drop and it detach itself from the rock and melted away haha

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
if u have lugol solution it will be even better just a drop and it detach itself from the rock and melted away haha

wah bro, u macim like using acid man. :D:P:lol::blink:

btw forgot to ask u why use lime ar???

• SRC Member

:lol::P:rolleyes::evil::angel::yeah::upsidedown::phone::heh::idea::look: bros out there,

anyway thks for all the help, now tank still very empty....just ordered the chiller & will only arrived next month. so dun think can stock up much LS.... :(

think will be mia for a while till much equip. is in.

Cheers & Reef all the way!!! :D

• SRC Member
Yo bro, what chiller you ordered? Must be a popular model till no stock!!

Bro, not popular brand la..OC not willing to issue more fund to the chiller so getting normal brand...but shipment comes in once a month so just got to wait... :D

• SRC Member

Bro, not popular brand la..OC not willing to issue more fund to the chiller so getting normal brand...but shipment comes in once a month so just got to wait... :D

:idea: Seek permission from CO instead lar :lol:

• SRC Member

HeeHee!!

sorry, this is meant for bro ettin,

bro this is the hole saw i have dun noe if its of any help to u...

post-34-1120143124.jpg