My New 5 x 2.5 x 2.5

haanZii

• SRC Member

Just to share. tis is wat happen after 1 day of skimming with only 3 live stock & without any feeding yet...my my... without load already got some kopi-o... :angry:

post-34-1119278624.jpg

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

went coralfarm yesterday.. bought these 2 algae plant... have not put in sand bed yet. just got the free sand from bro sandman. thks man bro. 2moro then will put in the sand.. another siong nite.. :pinch:

post-34-1119278898.jpg

• SRC Member

my LR. with help from bro sandman doing the scaping for me. still kind of messy :D:P:lol: will need to spend time to slowly make some minor changes here & there :lol::evil:

total its about 115kg of LR.

the light u see just temp only. still waiting for my bracket..then can start my diy lighting.

post-34-1119279079.jpg

• SRC Member
my LR. with help from bro sandman doing the scaping for me. still kind of messy :D:P:lol: will need to spend time to slowly make some minor changes here & there :lol::evil:

the light u see just temp only. still waiting for my bracket..then can start my diy lighting.

Finally see some fishes inside...

• SRC Member

Finally see some fishes inside...

hoho just 3 fish from my old 3 ft....just got 2 clown & 1 anemone from bro sandman. this morning woke up the anemone dun know hide until where... <_< cannot find it...sian :ph34r:

• SRC Member

hoho just 3 fish from my old 3 ft....just got 2 clown & 1 anemone from bro sandman. this morning woke up the anemone dun know hide until where... <_< cannot find it...sian :ph34r:

Nice scaping............fill it up with corals and surprise us. Hehe

Eric

• SRC Member

Nice scaping............fill it up with corals and surprise us. Hehe

Eric

haha... bro. i dun mind u loan me all yr coral lay :lol::D . & i even lagi dun mind to pick it up from u personally :P

• SRC Member
haanZii,

Wow...can see that you are really good with DIY. Great work.

BTW, why do you have to drill the sump? You can use a U-pipe and do siphoning into the pump right?

Regards,

Patrick

well according to many reefer & i personally also felt that if using U pipe, it will somehow reduce te performance of the pump. it is best to let the water flow naturally to the pump than making the pump work harder to suck in the water.

hopefully i'm ight about.

• SRC Member
Just to share. tis is wat happen after 1 day of skimming with only 3 live stock & without any feeding yet...my my... without load already got some kopi-o... :angry:

How come so much skimmate? :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

How come so much skimmate? :rolleyes:

Bro,

i oso dun noe lay, but had been sitting with the beckette for about 2 hour doiubg fine tuning on the very first day. last nite added sand to the refugium & it got even worst... now my skimmate damn horrible. show pic tonite.

Cheer!! :lol:

• SRC Member

Wah Alan.....thats a lots of LR?!! :blink:

Same same like me previously.......now I prefer to have more space for my fishes..... :P

By the way your skimmer...POWER!!! ;)

• SRC Member

Wah Alan.....thats a lots of LR?!! :blink:

Same same like me previously.......now I prefer to have more space for my fishes..... :P

By the way your skimmer...POWER!!! ;)

Bro Nelson,

thanks man, anyway must oso thks janet fr giving good offer too la. :lol::D

oso yr LR oso really nice. now all i need is to just find time to do some rescaping here & there to make it look nice.

If still have any BIGBIG LR to let go let me know first man. i sure take from u.

Cheers!! :P

• SRC Member

BTW, Just to check with u bros out there,

01.has any of u used mak4 pump?? hows the noise level for u bros mak 4?

02.has any of u use mak 4 & md 55 together?? i mean one for return & the other for beckette.

i'm using mak4 as return & md 55 for beckette. do find that the mak 4 is not as strong as md55.... <_< , might need to sell away my mak4 & get md55 to make them have the same flow rate.

• SRC Member

hoho,

just to share share wat my beckette looks like after 7 days of operation... 2moro need to wash the backette liao...

post-34-1119625959.jpg

• SRC Member

my sump with DSB & rearrange the LR & algae plant... now looks more neater & can place more algae plant.

post-34-1119626083.jpg

• SRC Member

Huh 7 days... Too long liao.. like what anthony calfro said, a cup a day ;)

heehee sorry didn't went for the seminer so dun know wat u mean a cup a day..??

do u mean that the beckette should produce 1 cup of skimmate as per my pic??? :eyebrow:

Cheers!!

another pic of my tank...going to get the chiller 2moro liao.. temp raise as high as 32 degree... :pinch:

post-34-1119626414.jpg

• SRC Member

oh ya, discovered this few days back, it grows from the tonga which i bought from sandman.anyone knows wat it is call???

post-34-1119626583.jpg

• SRC Member
go get a pepper mint shrimp

they feed on it

Bro, where can get pepper mint shrimp??? when u say they feed on iy u mean the shrimp feed on the spiecs or this specs feed on the pepper mint shrimp???

• SRC Member

pepper mint shrimp feed on it

but if the stuff is within your hand reach u can kill it with limewater

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices