My New 5 x 2.5 x 2.5

haanZii

:lol: heres the plan,

the beckette & md 55 needs to swop position so as to make the flow correct. hope this time round its going to be right.

all bros out there, pls help in giving some advise & comment hor. :D

I think by changing to this new configuration, you will have too much flow flowing through the refugium which is not good for the algae. :o

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Bro, no pain, no gain. Guess this is part of the "fun" isn't it?

I think you have lots of potential! Looking good! :lol:

as i would really hope. it better urns out well or else my wife gonna nag until i jump from my 16th storey. haha :evil:

• SRC Member

I think by changing to this new configuration, you will have too much flow flowing through the refugium which is not good for the algae. :o

but i guess with the water from the backette being pump back to the in sump, it should be fine(hope so.) went to other reefer place the other day & saw his design was same as mine & his tank is working pretty well. thks for the comment bro.appreciated.HOPE FOR THE BEST BUT WAT IS THE BEST!! :D:P

• SRC Member
:lol: heres the plan,

the beckette & md 55 needs to swop position so as to make the flow correct. hope this time round its going to be right.

all bros out there, pls help in giving some advise & comment hor. :D

That should work. All the best! :lol:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

pew pew. finally it is done. kich in & all went well so far.

a pic to show. :D:lol:

post-34-1118932729.jpg

• SRC Member

overall view. heehee. finally can set my mind in peace...at least for now haha :D:lol: sat will in the salt which bought from bro sandman. then sun will stock up the LR. haha :P:D:lol: happy

post-34-1118932905.jpg

• SRC Member

just to share a little of my other diy. as i shift the tank slightly to the left thus the glass cover to cover the inlet to reduce the sound cannot be used. so decide to use acrylic. here is the complete piece. will show the progress of work in the following thread.

post-34-1118933128.jpg

• SRC Member

the problem with using table saw to cut acrylic is if the blade is adjusted too high, it crack yr acrylic easyly. so remember, aleway adjust the blade as low as possible.

post-34-1118933403.jpg

• SRC Member

oh the blue piece of paper is the template for the inlet cover. had drawn 7 cut out previous nite.

here is the finishing cut. the blade had ben adjusted low as it can be.

post-34-1118933645.jpg

• SRC Member

now it time to use the router. a very noisy tools....need to wear ear plug.. i forget to bring mine... :( cant stand the noise..

post-34-1118933838.jpg

• SRC Member

Haha u order from Aquamarine?

not yet order.. now pocket pok kia man, bro not everbody loaded like u hor :) just kidding. :lol:

• SRC Member
:D;):lol::rolleyes::evil::blink: wah see all the acrylic fly all over the place.... this will be how messy it looks on using router... :P

post-34-1118934086.jpg

• SRC Member

bro just wonder can we got to ur workshop to do some diy stuff heehee

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
bro just wonder can we got to ur workshop to do some diy stuff heehee

that would be of a little inconvinence... perhap later part when my tank is up, see got time u let me know wat u want to diy, i can provide some help. :D:D

• SRC Member

Btw,

any bros out there can help me on the following;???? :P

i've hook upmy beckette & are runiing. however, i discover that the output of my backette where the water flows out, it has bubbles flowing out together with the water, how can i stop/prevent the bubbles from coming out??? ;)

as the bubbles flow through the refugium & suck out by my return pump thus causing my tank to have tiny bubbles everywhere :angry::(

no pics to show now, will post a pic 2nite.

Cheers!!

• SRC Member

Hi all bro.

here is the pic regarding the bubbles that i mentioned this morning... <_<

post-34-1119278480.jpg