My New 5 x 2.5 x 2.5

haanZii

• SRC Member

Nicely done! Looking forward to 'Gentlemen, start your engines' tomorrow! :D

saving $$$$ for the chiller, hope next month got enough $$$ to buy boy heehee. wife spot check on my account liao....

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bro, ur md55 placed too far from ur beckett. try to put it as near as possible to the beckett for max efficiency and minimise head loss. :lol:

good job on ur diy!

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
bro, ur md55 placed too far from ur beckett. try to put it as near as possible to the beckett for max efficiency and minimise head loss. :lol:

good job on ur diy!

Bro,

thats the nearest it can get liao. so wish me luck.

• SRC Member

paiseh,

wat i mean is with the two pumps inside the cabinet, will it not accumulate heat?

actually haven't think about that.... :erm: will see hows e heat level, think most of the time i problely leave the doors half open & close it when got guest visit heehee :D:lol::P

• SRC Member

:D that means your guest cannot stay too long liao lor.

Was thinking that since you are good with DIY, can add AC fan on side of cabinet. But the side with the skimmer waste collection is against wall rite? That part not easy lor, considering there is also a pump at that area

• SRC Member
:D that means your guest cannot stay too long liao lor.

Was thinking that since you are good with DIY, can add AC fan on side of cabinet. But the side with the skimmer waste collection is against wall rite? That part not easy lor, considering there is also a pump at that area

no lah. guest come can sit whole day infront of the tank. anyway i have air vent at my door so should beable to help. i do have plenty of exhaust fan.....will c how e progress goes....more equipment=more power consumption=more $$$=more hardwork=more nagging from wife= stress..... :D:lol::blink:

no lah. guest come can sit whole day infront of the tank. anyway i have air vent at my door so should beable to help. i do have plenty of exhaust fan.....will c how e progress goes....more equipment=more power consumption=more $$$=more hardwork=more nagging from wife= stress..... :D:lol::blink:

stress = heartattack? cardiac arrest?! :shock::shock::shock:

Bro, tink you should quit the hobby... :D :D :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Bro,

thats the nearest it can get liao. so wish me luck.

bro, u fire up the beckett and see how's the results. need my help?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

Just buy gift for ur wife often and she won make any more noise , that what i do. :lol::lol:

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

• SRC Member
wah bro,how tall is ur cabinet? can fit a beckett!

cabinet is 1 m tall. can fit in 32"

• SRC Member
Bro isthe return pump n the skimmer outlet at the same section of the sump?

if yes there will have micro bubble going into ur tank.

noted yr concern. likely to place a filter to reduce the bubbles.

thks bro.

btw, today sick sick so didn't do much....only put in sand & i'm like dying liao so wont post anything 29.....guess on weekend liao. :(

cheers

• SRC Member

Hi all bro,

just recover from a vey bad sore throat & fever, had test run the tank but......bad news.... got problem especially on the becckette....sian...sad....

here is wat went wrong.. see in the folowing pics, wheni on my md55, water get sucked in very fast thus causing the water not able to pass through the refergium...& the water back flow from the refergium...

post-34-1118544694.jpg

• SRC Member

another pics to shows. the water from the backette flows out the left chamber on the left & thus causing a over flow backwards to the refugium & backflow to the md55 pump section. needs to modify the sump againg.... :angry::(:blink::erm::nc::huh::o

post-34-1118544895.jpg

• SRC Member

:lol: heres the plan,

the beckette & md 55 needs to swop position so as to make the flow correct. hope this time round its going to be right.

all bros out there, pls help in giving some advise & comment hor. :D

post-34-1118545240.jpg

I suggest you try to place the pump as close to the beckett as possible to reduce the length of pipe connecting the skimmer and the pump.

Not only it will look neater and nicer, you get much more pressure and flow too :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Meaning that you will draw water from the last compartment to the beckett and return to the compartment before refugium?

yes. it will be of wat u had described. just got my pipe fittings last 9. will spend some time today to hook it up again. my heart still feel the pain in the wrong configuration... :( , but guess wat... thats life boy. we learnt from mistake & try our best not to repeat it.. :lol:

• SRC Member
I suggest you try to place the pump as close to the beckett as possible to reduce the length of pipe connecting the skimmer and the pump.

Not only it will look neater and nicer, you get much more pressure and flow too :lol:

bro,

thks for the tips man, but i relly am running out of space. the pump & the beckette just gotto stay apart fom each other...

anyway the other day fire up & the presurre was rather ok. will test run after my configuration tonite & see how it goes.

Cheers

• SRC Member
yes. it will be of wat u had described. just got my pipe fittings last 9. will spend some time today to hook it up again. my heart still feel the pain in the wrong configuration...  , but guess wat... thats life boy. we learnt from mistake & try our best not to repeat it.. 

Bro, no pain, no gain. Guess this is part of the "fun" isn't it?

I think you have lots of potential! Looking good! :lol:

• SRC Member

tank and setup looks awesome. As some bros mentioned, try to shift the mD closely to the giant. its very tiring indeed but as kokhui bro mentioned, it part of the "fun"

its not easy as you need some thinking and if really bo piang, can asked for help in here!! ^_^