Help!! How to get yuma to stick to another rock?

RAV-65

Hi all,

have a very nice hot pink yuma which I'm having problem with... the yuma is currently attached to a very small piece of rock, as such, due to its light weight and the strong current in my tank, the yuma will easily be blown off... I'm worried that the fella might float to the back of the tank where I can't reach...

How do I attach the yuma to another rock? Would it be okay if I use super-glue ( which part of the glue will probably stick onto the yuma itself making it very difficult to stick ) to stick the small piece of rock to another?

If all else fails, I tink I gotta sell the yuma... :(

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Hi all,

have a very nice hot pink yuma which I'm having problem with... the yuma is currently attached to a very small piece of rock, as such, due to its light weight and the strong current in my tank, the yuma will easily be blown off... I'm worried that the fella might float to the back of the tank where I can't reach...

How do I attach the yuma to another rock? Would it be okay if I use super-glue ( which part of the glue will probably stick onto the yuma itself making it very difficult to stick ) to stick the small piece of rock to another?

If all else fails, I tink I gotta sell the yuma... :(

Anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

i would take the small rock and use supper gule and glue to a larger rock and let time do the job ,as i think part of your yuma is deteched , once it is touching on the bigger rock, it feels comfortable, it will shift and the whole yuma will be attached there, Hopefully*.

During this process, let it be in low flow area..if not really will be blown away..

Dun use suppergule directly on the yuma itself, i tried that ones ,it attached to the rock, but eventually ,somehow, it melted away...

Hope your yuma do attached. :peace:

Or another alternative is to sell me the pink yuma cheap cheap........hehe

I love yumas......

Eric

i tink I prefer Weileong's idea... :P

Have actually tried to out it in a bottle with a few peice of rocks for it to attach, but waited 3 days no results, was afraid it might attach to the bottle instead! :(

Guess gotta try again... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

i tink I prefer Weileong's idea... :P

Have actually tried to out it in a bottle with a few peice of rocks for it to attach, but waited 3 days no results, was afraid it might attach to the bottle instead! :(

Guess gotta try again... :P

You should fill a small 3' diameter cup with sand so that the yuma does not stick to the glass, and put it on top of same small pieces of LR, it should stick soon.

You should fill a small 3' diameter cup with sand so that the yuma does not stick to the glass, and put it on top of same small pieces of LR, it should stick soon.

My concern is that the yuma might keep clinging onto the same little piece of rock it's stuck to now... :(

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

u dare to try the toothpick trick ? pierce the yuma through and pin it on a bigger rocks, or u may use those netting to wrap it around bigger rocks, it will attached itself eventually....

Lastly, sell me the yuma if the above fails :lol:

u dare to try the toothpick trick ? pierce the yuma through and pin it on a bigger rocks, or u may use those netting to wrap it around bigger rocks, it will attached itself eventually....

Lastly, sell me the yuma if the above fails :lol:

Bro, u got a very nice yuma liao leh... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
After you stick and glue the small rock to bigger pc of LR get a large dia PVC pipe to protect the yuma against the current and let is slowly attack fully to the big LR.

will the LR die because of the yuma attack?? :P:P:D:D

just kidding........

Try placing the yuma onto a rock in a low current area

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

similar incident happen to me... was rearranging the LR when I accidently bumped a small pc of Green yuma, it came off and was floating around... I got hold of it and place it in between 2 LR, that was 3 days ago... now it has attached itself to one of the LR :D

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

similar incident happen to me... was rearranging the LR when I accidently bumped a small pc of Green yuma, it came off and was floating around... I got hold of it and place it in between 2 LR, that was 3 days ago... now it has attached itself to one of the LR :D

Hmm... thanxs bro... maybe one idea is to squeeze the fella between 2 rocks! :D

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• 3 months later...