Coral For Sale

DaY

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Edited for stupid content

......here u go again....... i wonder who u really are, u r really sarcastic and u r straight to the bone... but u r good in it..... just dont over do it bro, u dont wanna be kicked out in this forum by our moderators...

• SRC Member

Ricordea: I believe I read all your other posts also that's why I am wondering whether the moderators are doing their policing. You are merely changing from small scale selling to big scale selling.

You dare challenge me that yours came from a reliable source what has the permits to extract these corals and sell them to Singapore? I mentioned the Ministries because I believe people would need a license to sell coral. Maybe the PPD, AVA or Ministry of environment can give me a better answer than you can????

Even so getting from a supplier and selling to others is also considered commerical... Pasar Malam only supposed to be for people to sell off their own corals not to make big sale. You don't even dare to reveal your selling price or show your invoice.

Everyone here that has done bulk ordering including myself in the past has always showed proof in terms or invoice or receipt whenever needed when we do bulk order. I believe someone did ask you for it and you actually say that it is not possible to do bulk order and there is no invoice...

How do you explain this then?

• SRC Member

All this bickering rather than debating man...

Day, tis not nice to say such things about PB'shop after there sure to be stuff dying one ma.. dun tell me every LFS livestock all survive meh... Surely there's some will die one ma... Somemore he already rest his case liao.. not even defending himself... You should rest your case about him too and just forget it...

• SRC Supporter

Is it true . . . .

If yes then that LFS who said "DAY" had no knowledge of keeping them alive blah .. .. . blah blah blah . . .. blah blah . .. . . has to eat his own words ?

Shark, The stock died during transit, nothing to do with PR ...... I have full confidence in PR's ability to sustain Livestock..... and I know what I'm talking about... :)

i reckon he should.... few weeks ago when i visit a shop, lots of nice acros, clorouful and healthy, newly shipped, i was really delighted in what i saw, and how i wish i could keep such..... a week later, i visited again and to my awe, some were sold but numerous were still available --> turned brown, dying, and really unhealthy.... all the magnificent colours that was once were gone.... so sad....

Reefer guy, It is well known that SPS do turn brown when they are placed into a new environment...... they will need time to aclimitise to the new lightings before they would colour up... and this might take months... it happens in my reef and others.... Think you should read more and get your facts correct before you start shooting.......

I have been to quite a number of LFS, and there is very few setups that matches up to what PR has.... most other LFS I frequent previously can't even keep their SPS stock alive for more than 2 weeks........ (well, that was months ago, things might have been better now....)

I have bought clams from PR too, strange, they seem to do well...., did you check your water conditions ?????? :nuke::whistle

• SRC Supporter
if u have seen the clam he sold.. starting he selling for $90/- each.. but one week later..all dying..and he started to sell at $50/- each for the same size.. my friend bought one and it died 2 days later..sigh..thought he got a bargain. but instead got a dying clam. If the shop is not capable, dun bring in such a huge amount of clams.. i think he kill more clams with his cities that those without cities.

talk about saving mother nature...

This post is really twisted...

Price of clams are not reduced because they are of poorer health or perishing...

I bought my clams at that price... in fact, I got 2 and that are still doing fine ....

and another issue that you should take note before shooting is most suppliers will only consider shipping when a certain amount is met....

• SRC Member
Ricordea: I believe I read all your other posts also that's why I am wondering whether the moderators are doing their policing. You are merely changing from small scale selling to big scale selling.

You dare challenge me that yours came from a reliable source what has the permits to extract these corals and sell them to Singapore? I mentioned the Ministries because I believe people would need a license to sell coral. Maybe the PPD, AVA or Ministry of environment can give me a better answer than you can????

Even so getting from a supplier and selling to others is also considered commerical... Pasar Malam only supposed to be for people to sell off their own corals not to make big sale. You don't even dare to reveal your selling price or show your invoice.

Everyone here that has done bulk ordering including myself in the past has always showed proof in terms or invoice or receipt whenever needed when we do bulk order. I believe someone did ask you for it and you actually say that it is not possible to do bulk order and there is no invoice...

Quote:

Ans:

Why I didn't even know it myself? If I am doing big scale, there should more

than enough to distribute all those reefers who have reserved.

Why are there always dissapointment : when my yumas barely sold to only

8 reefers and 20 over interested reefers left empty-handed.

If I am doing this for commercial reason.....there will be no such disappointment

above. That goes the same for the explanation of doing big scale.

Quote:

You dare challenge me that yours came from a reliable source what has the permits to extract these corals and sell them to Singapore?I mentioned the Ministries because I believe people would need a license to sell coral. Maybe the PPD, AVA or Ministry of environment can give me a better answer than you can????

Ans:

Challenge...talking to you is already waste of my time. Why bother?

Ministry of environment???? Come on, Its AVA you are talking about.

You can't even get the authority rite and you wana to talk about challenge?

In that case, all those selling their corals from their tank will be guilty is it?

Quote:

Ans:

I think this is the hundred times I am repeating myself.

Please read all my threads carefully before making stupid remarks like tat.

My stand is clear......no commercial sale, no bulk ordering.

JUST PARTING SOME EXCESS WHICH I ORDERED FOR MY OWN USE!!!!

Quote:

Ans:

I think is not your comprehensive level is low but your command of english is lousy. Already make clear there is no bulk ordering.........and there you go, wasting your time and energy typing such silly remarks.

Quote:

Ans:

I think the above explains all. And I hope this is the last time I see such comments.

:peace:

• SRC Member

Ricordia, you are one of the rudest people i have met.

Why do you feel the need to call people, stupid, blind, silly.

I think you are the one who is in serious need of English lessons, and whhile you are at it, lessons on etiquette.

Also, you keep avoiding the question. If you sale is not commercial and not bulk ordering, then what would you characterize it as, and are you making any money from it?

• SRC Member
Ricordia, you are one of the rudest people i have met.

Why do you feel the need to call people, stupid, blind, silly.

I think you are the one who is in serious need of English lessons, and whhile you are at it, lessons on etiquette.

Also, you keep avoiding the question. If you sale is not commercial and not bulk ordering, then what would you characterize it as, and are you making any money from it?

If you do some recap on your earlier post......

You and Piero, without careful and detailed reading of all my postings,

start accusing me of doing commercial sale and "big sale" ,and of course the bulk ordering too.

Despite my clarification of my stand to both of you. You two persist on

with your nonsense.

As an adult, maybe if you are not, how do you describe the above behaviour?

If you are gentlemen enough and seriously want to know more about my

sales, you should PM me first instead to find out.

And not making accusing statements openly in my thread.

Isn't that indicates your rudeness to me first?

What are you talking about I am the rudest people you have met......

DO SELF REFFLECTION

As for your last question.........I dun wish to repeat myself again. :snore:

• SRC Member

Reefer guy, It is well known that SPS do turn brown when they are placed into a new environment...... they will need time to aclimitise to the new lightings before they would colour up... and this might take months... it happens in my reef and others.... Think you should read more and get your facts correct before you start shooting.......

I have been to quite a number of LFS, and there is very few setups that matches up to what PR has.... most other LFS I frequent previously can't even keep their SPS stock alive for more than 2 weeks........ (well, that was months ago, things might have been better now....)

yeah, will take note of that... my knowledge is totally not as good as your and will keep on reading more before shooting.... but tell me, u have noted well abt sps turning brown, then y not bother take note about the dying and unhealthy species??? i dont think i have to do alot of reading to realize what is unhealthy and dying or totally dead right?

gee, didnt meant to step on u or anybody who supports their fave lfs, but just pointing out some fractions missed needs reflection before they start shooting on individuals....

• SRC Supporter
yeah, will take note of that... my knowledge is totally not as good as your and will keep on reading more before shooting.... but tell me, u have noted well abt sps turning brown, then y not bother take note about the dying and unhealthy species??? i dont think i have to do alot of reading to realize what is unhealthy and dying or totally dead right?

The ability to sustain SPS ain't a easy task and that's why it is listed under the Advanced Reefers section....

These corals do experience some DOA and would be in poor conditions due to stress from shipping and handling and therefore result in DOA and poor conditions ..... most LFS who ship in large quantities know this....

It is therefore inappropriate then to state that a LFS is unable to handle such stock due to a few unhealthy specimens .... especially when the majority of its stock are found to be satisfactory and doing fine.....

DOA and unhealthy specimens from shipping is a common issue not only with SPS.....

gee, didnt meant to step on u or anybody who supports their fave lfs, but just pointing out some fractions missed needs reflection before they start shooting on individuals....

Refer to the above again....

• SRC Member

This is not the first time that a forum topic ended up like this. Please me more open-minded and positive. If you guys just behave like this, then it is just another sad ugly sight of Singaporean. Just relax and Do Not jump into conclusion, be mindful of what you said and also think of "What you said might affect others".

If you do some recap on your earlier post......

You and Piero, without careful and detailed reading of all my postings,

start accusing me of doing commercial sale and "big sale" ,and of course the bulk ordering too.

Despite my clarification of my stand to both of you. You two persist on

with your nonsense.

As an adult, maybe if you are not, how do you describe the above behaviour?

If you are gentlemen enough and seriously want to know more about my

sales, you should PM me first instead to find out.

And not making accusing statements openly in my thread.

Isn't that indicates your rudeness to me first?

What are you talking about I am the rudest people you have met......

DO SELF REFFLECTION

As for your last question.........I dun wish to repeat myself again. :snore:

relax guys..

how abt a open selling price system..

so everyone knows everyone is getting the same price..

rather than behind the screen pricing, where some

newbies maybe getting to pay a premium unknowingly.

In my own stand, as long as the price given to ppl

is reasonably cheaper than available source, by all

means tax abit.

As for disappointing other SRC mbrs just because

not doing commercial biz, may not seem the correct

phrase.

It could be due to lack of resources (manpower, space,

money, etc) to supply. If u are not talking abt earning

money here, why frag n sell ppl..? Might as well

give a few to better frens, then post here for sales..

Just say u doing for money, but in the process

still ensure some SRC gain from the better price/

breed.

• SRC Member

bwilly: I think you got me wrong if you are referring to me. I am posting here because I do not condone any illegal dealings here. With that I would mean that collection and importing into Singapore without a proper license.

The rest not for U bwilly....

I think AT's stand here is not only with the commercialization in the sale of corals and items but also the legality of thses items and whether hobbists here can sustain the corals by giving them the right conditions in their tank.

As seen in the case of Day, collection seem to have came from an unknown source. Unmindful collection of these corals would in turn lead to the destruction of the coral reefs. How different is it from those LFS? I would think with controlled collection and proper collection method, the reefs can be better sustained.

Let me draw a parallel here to what Ricordia is doing. The source is unknown, price is unknown too. This allows for price discrimination which means charging a different price for different buyer. With this, the seller will be able to capture the largest possible consumer surplus or in other terms profits in layman terms. This is where I deemed it to be a commerical sale.

To add on, I believe there is a need for an import license no matter where the corals came from. Be it Bali, Maldives or the Philippines. I really hope to hear the stand of the moderators on this. It is true that endless bickering will put no end to this issue. So maybe we can have Tanzy, AT or Bawater to comment on this.

I hope my English is up to standard this time round and it is not impossible if anyone wants to invite someone from the AVA for a cup of coffee at his house while enjoying the view of beautiful mushrooms. Tell me the date, time and venue... and I will try my best to arrange for you.

bwilly: I think you got me wrong if you are referring to me. I am posting here because I do not condone any illegal dealings here. With that I would mean that collection and importing into Singapore without a proper license.

fren.. I tik anger go to your head..

pls read my quotes.. (previous one)

"amanz...opps. amitaba Buddha.."

• SRC Member

The rest not for U bwilly....

I think AT's stand here is not only with the commercialization in the sale of corals and items but also the legality of thses items and whether hobbists here can sustain the corals by giving them the right conditions in their tank.

As seen in the case of Day, collection seem to have came from an unknown source. Unmindful collection of these corals would in turn lead to the destruction of the coral reefs. How different is it from those LFS? I would think with controlled collection and proper collection method, the reefs can be better sustained.

Let me draw a parallel here to what Ricordia is doing. The source is unknown, price is unknown too. This allows for price discrimination which means charging a different price for different buyer. With this, the seller will be able to capture the largest possible consumer surplus or in other terms profits in layman terms. This is where I deemed it to be a commerical sale.

To add on, I believe there is a need for an import license no matter where the corals came from. Be it Bali, Maldives or the Philippines. I really hope to hear the stand of the moderators on this. It is true that endless bickering will put no end to this issue. So maybe we can have Tanzy, AT or Bawater to comment on this.

I hope my English is up to standard this time round and it is not impossible if anyone wants to invite someone from the AVA for a cup of coffee at his house while enjoying the view of beautiful mushrooms. Tell me the date, time and venue... and I will try my best to arrange for you.

Quote:

Ans:

Price is unknown to you because you are have shown no interest of

the Yumas I am sharing.

Prices are known to those who share the same interest as I am and are serious of getting such gem for their own collection.

Quote:

This allows for price discrimination which means charging a different price for different buyer. With this, the seller will be able to capture the largest possible consumer surplus or in other terms profits in layman terms.

Ans:

Please dun try to show off your economic terms and knowledge here.

If you want those younger to understand what you are saying, put it in layman terms.

Anyway, all these are again your own assumptions. Without proper verification

of your assumptions with the direct party, you again make accusing statement openly in this thread again.

Despite my earlier post of my digust for such actions, here you go again??

In order not to further embarass you in this thread. If you want to know whether

price discrimination is being carried out by me....check with the eight reefers whom

I PM for the lastest yuma. They will give you my answer.

Quote:

Ans:

Results of uncareful readings......of my post.

Quote:

Ans:

Is there a need for me to do that, I dun want to embarass you in front of your

AVA frenz...

Conclusion:

Stop further embarassing yourself in this forum. A wise guy learn from mistakes,

not repeating own mistakes.

:peace: