SRC Reef ID Quiz #16,

The fish certainly have the characteristics of a Synanceiidae (stonefish family) (for full picture, see thread on 'trip to chek jawa')- broad flattened pectoral fins, dorsally curved mouth, skyward eyes, burrowing in seabed bottom. I checked Fish Base, and ended up with a possibility - Synanceia platyryhncha endemic to Indonesia. Pity there was no picture nor any description of it. A web search also ended up with no info.

AT - what is the answer? Really itching to know.

• SRC Member

To me it looks more like a fish never see a metal sheet and swam right into it n haveing its face printed onto the it ? :P

SBS_Transit

My Humanities teacher :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

hahaha.................. :lol:

that is the fish which was first seen by me at the chek jawa tat time went wif lin last year. :lol:

at first i thought it was some how a stone or rocks from faraway......

when approaching it seem to be a fish like stuff.............close in at look, found tat the fish jaw seem to moving.....!!! :P

hahaha, out of curiousity all of us start to disturb the fish liao........... :D

heeeeeeeeee, funny.................... :D:D:D

we thought tat the fish will die out of the water so we pick it up and put him back into the sea again.................................... :rolleyes:

who know..............swim back again........................!!! :D

post-60-1113742208.jpg

• SRC Member
hahaha.................. :lol:

that is the fish which was first seen by me at the chek jawa tat time went wif lin last year. :lol:

at first i thought it was some how a stone or rocks from faraway......

when approaching it seem to be a fish like stuff.............close in at look, found tat the fish jaw seem to moving.....!!! :P

hahaha, out of curiousity all of us start to disturb the fish liao........... :D

heeeeeeeeee, funny.................... :D:D:D

we thought tat the fish will die out of the water so we pick it up and put him back into the sea again.................................... :rolleyes:

who know..............swim back again........................!!! :D

oei.. count me out hor.. all of u guys dug it out hor.. not me hor.. i was watching only neh! :sick: u shld have keep the fish in ur bag! :lol: Go hm and cook! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...