LPS feeding frequency

koniyakutz

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

How often do you feed your LPS?

Currently, I have dosing phyto daily(for softies) and mysis+cyclopezee(target feed, 3 times a week).

However, a fellow reefer told me to stop doing so as frequent feeding will foul the water and overwhelm the coral's ablity to process food and thus cause it to die. He told me with enough lights, corals with zoo can make their own food and there is no need to feed.

Anyone here lost any corals from overfeeding before?

Thanks

Hi guys,

How often do you feed your LPS?

Currently, I have dosing phyto daily(for softies) and mysis+cyclopezee(target feed, 3 times a week).

However, a fellow reefer told me to stop doing so as frequent feeding will foul the water and overwhelm the coral's ablity to process food and thus cause it to die. He told me with enough lights, corals with zoo can make their own food and there is no need to feed.

Anyone here lost any corals from overfeeding before?

Thanks

:lol: mayb me! i lost my bubble coral. coz some told me to feed, but some told me dun feed. so i decide to feed! when u c the coral eat the food, that kind of feeling is sooooooo..............

so i lost my bubble! hehehe! dun follow my step. mayb dun feed so much lo... juz my advice only lah!!! ;)

• SRC Member

I think once a week should be fine... thats what i do... But not alot lah!

About 2 piece of prawn 1X1cm is enuff for brains and pratas... My own view la.

My own experience. :lol:

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy