beckett skimmer...

ah_d3x

What do you mean?

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

i think he means alot of bubbles coming out from the output of the beckket.....the gate valve.... if i am correct....... it is normal for a diy beckket to have alot of microbubbles coming out at the output....your challange would be to eliminate as much of these bubbles as possible.....

Yeah, the beckett is an air injection monster and because of its high velocity, an inadequate body width or height may cause some bubbles to swirl downwards and escape from the gate valve return.

The only way to solve it is to adjust the inlet pipe higher in the body column such that very little bubbles get swirled downwards and out of the skimmer.

Will adding baffles help in solving the problem?

And to sidetrack a bit, I advise all beckett users to use a toothpick to clean the air valves often as I dug up balls of dust from mine B)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

bro how yur skimmer now??? can share cause i oso jst bought the same skimmer like yurs, i dun't no how to tune the water to how high n do i need to on the air hose or dunt need to on the air hose??? haisz buy new toy dunt no how to use <_<<_< can advice??? tnks u :)

• SRC Member
bro how yur skimmer now??? can share cause i oso jst bought the same skimmer like yurs, i dun't no how to tune the water to how high n do i need to on the air hose or dunt need to on the air hose??? haisz buy new toy dunt no how to use <_<<_< can advice??? tnks u :)

Seriously, you should go ask the person/shop that sells you the skimmer on how to set up. At least through the phone if not, he should come over to set it up for you. Not nice to earn your money and NO service provided.