Tunze 6060 and 6000 in 4x2x2

Ekia

• SRC Member

Hi, need some advice from you guys. Previously, I was using a 6060 and a Seio M820 and still find a lot of dead spots. Got myself a 6000 and put it in just now. Caused a huge sandstorm. Can you guys who are having a few Tunzes in their tanks show me photos of your tank on how you place your Tunzes to prevent sandstorm? I'm using #1 sand. :( Thanks in advance :)

• SRC Member
They key is indirect flow and use your LR to deflect the flow.

So who says use 6100 in 4ft sure sandstorm lol.

But you didn't really use your LRs to deflect the flow. Your 3 Tunzes and 1 output converge at the centre! :lol:

Attached below is how I placed my 6000 just now. Caused a huge sandstorm at the centre/front panel I circled. Where do u think its better to place the 6000?

post-17-1111846424.jpg

The 2 output and 3 tunze flow are all diffused by each other and hence the flow is spread thru out the tank.

Problem with just 1 or 2 tunze is that the output will be directed at certain area of the tank and heng certain part of the sandbed will be blown away. Even a small power head is capable of doing that.

• SRC Member

is there a way that we can hide the tunze and wont get sand storm

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

if we aim it towards the surface den wat about those corals at the other end. those at the bottom

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
The 2 output and 3 tunze flow are all diffused by each other and hence the flow is spread thru out the tank.

Problem with just 1 or 2 tunze is that the output will be directed at certain area of the tank and heng certain part of the sandbed will be blown away. Even a small power head is capable of doing that.

I understand what u mean ;) Thanks for the advice. I shifted the 6000 to the front and no more sandstorm. The drawback is that it doesn't look as nice... very exposed at the front <_<