Simple 3x2x2 Marine Tank

wil_lee76

• SRC Member

ya bro, i know that too...but u see certain things need $$$ ...so now, what i can think of is to cycle all the rocks first in another pail or tank. Will it works? do advise me! Thanks pal!

• SRC Member

oh, of coz. I having PO4 at 1 and begin sucessfully reduce to 0.25. right now, still monitoring...but again must depend on what media u putting in..which is the key factor. Also, the setup too!

• SRC Member

yes. the one im using right now can bring down my po4. ;)

but from reviews, rowa will be better. i will use that once i got hold of one... :lol:

• SRC Member
yes. the one im using right now can bring down my po4. ;)

but from reviews, rowa will be better. i will use that once i got hold of one... :lol:

I see.

But now very difficult to get rowas. Maybe change new media as new media will definitely bring down your PO4 even more ;)

• SRC Member

ya..true..waiting for rowa now.....but now these purphos can bring down my PO4 but still needs to monitor these.... ^_^

• SRC Member

Hi Wil,

Finally got to see your tank thread. Good job! Your corals are pretty too!

As for adding LRs to existing ones, I did also for my tank. I started with 18 kg, then another 15kg after 1 month later and then another 8 kg another month later. I got them from fellow reefers. One thing to note is that you have to be very careful with unwanted pests that come with them. I had to deal with crabs and worms which are still in my tank that come with the LRs. Worms seems ok though disgusting but those crabs are a headache :angry::angry:

You can easily add another 20kg or so from what I see in your tank, depending on what concept you want. :whistle

You may want to add them in 2 batches. if you want to stack on top of exisitng ones, choose those nicer ones. I was too impatient and ended up stacking the duller ones on top of my nicer colored ones :cry:

Overall great job, keep the fight against cyano and keep the updates coming!

• SRC Member

hey pal, thanks for your advice.

Will update once...it done...time for maintances again.......so guys wait for your comments and advices too!

Have a nice wekend and enjoy!

;):thanks:

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

After considerations...comments...& of cos $$$, finally deicded to rescape my tank. Done it last weekend, and will update Pics & data for bros to comments...i name it "Er Mei Shan" :lol: As my friend, nick Valeroiss said it look like a mountain...

Meanwhile, still monitoring the water parameters...stay tuned guys for pics....

:lol:

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks: