Powder blue tang

• SRC Member

Hi bro n sis,

Any powder blue tang owner can give me some advise on tis fish??

Alot of books n ppl class tis as a marine ich king.

Does it reali get ich so easily as compare to other tangs????

I have onli 1 purple tang now n was thinkin of adding a powder blue tang in.

Any advise or comments on tis PBT???

tks :thanks:

• SRC Member
hmm think it is the way u add the PBT and whether are u going to QT the fish or not...

Try to get from a good LFS tat will save u a lot of problem. But then the PT might not be happy

Yah lor.

My PT beri e naughty,aways chase aft fishes one as tot he owns e whole tank.

He has overcome ich attack once liao n for e pass 1mth no sign of coming bk.

So was thinking he shld b strong enough to face e "ich king"???

Was planning to put e PBT in a beta container in e tank for 2wks to let him get use to e water n food b4 releasing him to "spar" w e PT.

huh... <_<

• SRC Member

Yah lor.

My PT beri e naughty,aways chase aft fishes one as tot he owns e whole tank.

He has overcome ich attack once liao n for e pass 1mth no sign of coming bk.

So was thinking he shld b strong enough to face e "ich king"???

Was planning to put e PBT in a beta container in e tank for 2wks to let him get use to e water n food b4 releasing him to "spar" w e PT.

huh... <_<

i dun think so, Tang like to swim a lot and i think when u put it in the betta box it will stress more.. and make his best friend ick come the find him and stay with him

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

i dun think so, Tang like to swim a lot and i think when u put it in the betta box it will stress more.. and make his best friend ick come the find him and stay with him

yes, ich king of king.

yap, me tried that. bad idea.......... end up more stress & more white spots.

unless u r 100% sure/confident in yr tank set up, dun try it. lost my 3yr old YT last time, most fish also kana but recovered after PBT went up lorry.

• SRC Member

yes, ich king of king.

yap, me tried that. bad idea.......... end up more stress & more white spots.

unless u r 100% sure/confident in yr tank set up, dun try it. lost my 3yr old YT last time, most fish also kana but recovered after PBT went up lorry.

:D Tks for e info...

Me reali like e PBT alot but have being holding bk due to his well known ich king nick name.keke...

Anyway,is e blue tang,PBT n AT e ich kings of e tang family???

Heard tat to kep a blue tang,u ned to install UV...

IS tat true??huh???

huh..... <_<

• SRC Member

isit powder blue a difficult fish to keep cos bought 2 but went to meets his maker liao ,when i first bought it quite big size untill the fella dun eat keep on swimming ard untill thinner and thinner and then RIP.

• SRC Member
Me reali like e PBT alot but have being holding bk due to his well known ich king nick name.keke...

Anyway,is e blue tang,PBT n AT e ich kings of e tang family???

Heard tat to kep a blue tang,u ned to install UV...

IS tat true??huh???

huh..... <_<

sth share, and somehow i notice frm my experiece, tangs, (especially those fast swimmer) caught in the wild neds bigger space to swim, and once it comes to our "glass box" with the less space, it shows stress or get sick and we blame ich..water quality/space muz be there in order for it adapt to the new environment.. my BT looks like a "DOUGHNUT" when my water condition was darn bad, once water change and at near tip top condition, ich dissapear in a night..IMO, i believe acclimate is real impt for tang, coz they ned time to adapt to water condition b4 given a smaller space to swim.. :fear:

juz my 2cents :peace:

sth share, and somehow i notice frm my experiece, tangs, (especially those fast swimmer) caught in the wild neds bigger space to swim, and once it comes to our "glass box" with the less space, it shows stress or get sick and we blame ich..water quality/space muz be there in order for it adapt to the new environment.. my BT looks like a "DOUGHNUT" when my water condition was darn bad, once water change and at near tip top condition, ich dissapear in a night..IMO, i believe acclimate is real impt for tang, coz they ned time to adapt to water condition b4 given a smaller space to swim.. :fear:

juz my 2cents :peace:

Wah... make good sense... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

like i say always find a good piece from shop like Marine Life or Sea Life, their live stock are ensure free from ich. Hmm maybe almoist all of them lah.

I like PBT too, tat why i got lot of tank in my tang, or tang in the tank.

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

like i say always find a good piece from shop like Marine Life or Sea Life, their live stock are ensure free from ich. Hmm maybe almoist all of them lah.

I like PBT too, tat why i got lot of tank in my tang, or tang in the tank.

Sometimes the spots can be due to stress, so it doesn't matter where the fish comes from.... it's about wat WE do... not the fish, not the LFS... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Sometimes the spots can be due to stress, so it doesn't matter where the fish comes from.... it's about wat WE do... not the fish, not the LFS... :)

notice these LFs open up those shipment bag juz to allow fish to adapt to the "glass box" 1st, and when fish starts to eat during their feeding, tts even beta( those straight frm shipment bag u muz noe wat to do lar :P ) and 2nd when it gets hm, itz our water condition tt counts and food le.. notice ich dun appear in the wild coz tang were so happily in swimming space and dun bother abt ich.. If u are telling me a slow swimmer like clownfish got ich.. then itz time to check the water condition nah :lol: ~ so i agree and believe itz truly on how we create the right environment.. :rolleyes:

Juz like a dog, imagine we cage them suddenly and not given the running space.. in a long run.. they will sure show depression.. :lol:

juz another 1cents :peace: