Seachem Nitrate Removal

Limpc

Biohome is sold in 1-kg packet. 2 types, white and brick red. Brick red is more expensive, which said to contain trace elements, and is being sold at $55 (pr tag $60) at Petmart. White one is sold at $40? (not too sure, forget). Each packet is good enough for more than 1,000 litres of water.

• 3 years later...
  • SRC Member
Hi all,

Came across this product from LFS. Anyone has experience with this product ? Comments please.

Recently, I'm wrestling with the Nitrate in my tank.

Limpc

tried bio homme. Bought 1 small pack & LATER the big pack.

Don't know it work. Cos my tetra test kit always indicate 25-50ppm nitrate.

Brought water to test at LFS. My nitrate is 0ppm.

So untimately, my test kit f**k me up.

My US colleague told me all this media not gd cos over time, the pores will be clogged with detrius. So nitrate will go up.

Just invest in a gd skimmer. Incoming water from tank, filter with wool will do.

Had already threw all them away.........

• SRC Member

tried bio homme. Bought 1 small pack & LATER the big pack.

Don't know it work. Cos my tetra test kit always indicate 25-50ppm nitrate.

Brought water to test at LFS. My nitrate is 0ppm.

So untimately, my test kit f**k me up.

My US colleague told me all this media not gd cos over time, the pores will be clogged with detrius. So nitrate will go up.

Just invest in a gd skimmer. Incoming water from tank, filter with wool will do.

Had already threw all them away.........

:lol:

Personally, IMO...I always believe in these "different reefers , different style of reefing and different setup" theres no common system in reefing!

Personally,from the past i been fighting NO3 like nobody business.... till now, after 1 year....it stands at 0ppm. (din check recently) from 80ppm drops to 0ppm.So what the secret?

(1)Invest in good skimmer

(2)DSB

(3)Frequency of feeding

(4)Remove all bioballs and ceremic rings etc etc which will rises NO3 in future.

(5)Patience

Hope these helps!

;)

:lol:

Personally, IMO...I always believe in these "different reefers , different style of reefing and different setup" theres no common system in reefing!

Personally,from the past i been fighting NO3 like nobody business.... till now, after 1 year....it stands at 0ppm. (din check recently) from 80ppm drops to 0ppm.So what the secret?

(1)Invest in good skimmer

(2)DSB

(3)Frequency of feeding

(4)Remove all bioballs and ceremic rings etc etc which will rises NO3 in future.

(5)Patience

Hope these helps!

;)

wat skimmer hav u bought?

Sorry guys just a sidetrack since someone mentioned about sulphur. Sulphur denitrification has a drawback. Sulphate released into the water though natural sea water has about 2700ppm. Don't really have a side effect to your tank unless it is really high. This method has been tested to be very effective when used together with the plenum system. Remember reading on a website an article by Julian Sprung that it was tested in the Monaco aquarium. The one where the father of the Plenum system is working.