Cleaner fish with conjunctivitis

got a new Blue Tang and a Cleaner 2 days back. They partner up very well but the BT seems forever iching. :huh:

this evening, to my horror the cleaner fish got giantic conjunctivitis. still swiming but no more cleaning the BT. i already QA the cleaner and added a little "yellow powder" (tested on damsels with fin rot).

looks more like a disease than a wound. any idea what is this illness ? how to treat it ? :nuke:

urgently need help Thanks!

post-21-1110734834.jpg

• SRC Member

my blue tang got hit by it twice.

it soon go away after a while(a few days) for mine when it first got hit.

for the second time, i added "waterlife myxazin" and it went away after 1 or 2 nights.

but u better check ur water parameters, as cleaners are weak sensitive fish.

and whenever i put my fish into that container you are using for medications, they normally went up-lorry. i dunno why. but remember to add air stone for it.

good luck and regards,

LaW

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

:( it went up lorry.

i did stir the sand a little while trying to remove all the yellow damsels and life rocks. could it have poison the cleaner ?

the clown and chromis still swiming ok. blue tang itches still.

any cleaner fish that is less sensitive ?

• SRC Member
:( it went up lorry.

i did stir the sand a little while trying to remove all the yellow damsels and life rocks. could it have poison the cleaner ?

the clown and chromis still swiming ok. blue tang itches still.

any cleaner fish that is less sensitive ?

so-called cleaner fish don't really do well in captivity. Their diet is very specialized.

The only reason why LFS still offer them is that people continue to buy them.

You'd have better luck getting one of the species of cleaner shrimps.

• SRC Member

so-called cleaner fish don't really do well in captivity. Their diet is very specialized.

The only reason why LFS still offer them is that people continue to buy them.

You'd have better luck getting one of the species of cleaner shrimps.

yeap. agree with him. get a cleaner shrimp is more worth it than a cleaner fish. they wont do well in captivity in most cases.

somehow u got water quality problem, better do something about it.

and its very unlikely that its beening "poisoned" unless u upset the biology system in the sand.

and i also use those container for treatment for my fish.

and they normally went up-lorry. so lesson learnt: get a bigger tank for medication with some hollow pipes for them to lay on it or hide.

cheers

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

garlic do helps by boosting the fish's immune system.

u run a chiller?

if not get some fan blowing the water to reduce the temperature. it helps

• SRC Member

my anthia got pop eye 3 days back

now recovered

i did some reading on this pop eye thing and this is what i read

pop eye is not a disease itself but rather a symptom of a disease such as fish tuberculosis or worm

it can also be a sign that the water has excessive nutrient build up due to infrequent water changes

it is rarely fatal, not considered to be infectious and should disappear within 1-2weeks on its own leaving behind a perfectly normal eye, a clouded eye or in the worse case possible, the fish without that affected eye - i got this from a website...i'm sorry but i can't seem to remember what website it is

if i find it i shall post its url here

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...