4FT FOWLR Tang lover

iori_del

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
wow.. Tang police not activated? how's ur AT doing??

better get a worthy skimmers for ur tangs' poo. haha

hahah last heard tat Tang Police ORD liao.

My H&S is skimming real hard, will be adding a new skimmer soon, now saving up...

when invite me to view ur new tank

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member
haha.. i nearly got that tank u had :)

so hows your tang doing ?

any casualties yet ?

Did u intro all the acanthurus all at one time ?

yup it is a very nice tank and i love it a lot :D

They doing good, only chasing

no casualties but itch is the main problem.... lucky for me none have it..

i intro them in grp of pair some like kole and chervon are one by one

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

yup it is a very nice tank and i love it a lot :D

They doing good, only chasing

no casualties but itch is the main problem.... lucky for me none have it..

i intro them in grp of pair some like kole and chervon are one by one

ok , i will take that in mind, but i dun think ive got the space for so many tang poo...

hehe

gd luck ?

have u considered the alantic blue ?

• SRC Member
finally u post pic of your tank :lol: nice..is the MI eating?

My goodness, as yours is a new tank which is not matured yet, you should not be starting off with angels. Furthermore moorish Idols are not easy to keep by any means, also the PBT and butterfly fishes..

• SRC Member

My goodness, as yours is a new tank which is not matured yet, you should not be starting off with angels. Furthermore moorish Idols are not easy to keep by any means, also the PBT and butterfly fishes..

All eating well, so far so good.

The butterfly is from Gold Coast and it love pellet a lot

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

ok , i will take that in mind, but i dun think ive got the space for so many tang poo...

hehe

gd luck ?

have u considered the alantic blue ?

Bro my Atlantic Blue tang is inside liao.. btw just got my yellow tang from lck

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

bro, i think you had better hold off adding more tang for the moment....the reason that you might not be seeing much agression in your tank now is that there is simply too much tangs in there for anyone to 'mark' out any territory to defend.....while it might look good in the near term, i personally feel that the tangs will be very stress having to keep moving around (imagine you are surronded by strangers with no home to retired to )

Of course all there is also the assumption that your LR are previously from very establish system and your top of the line H&S skimmer is able to keep the water clean....;)

• SRC Member
bro, i think you had better hold off adding more tang for the moment....the reason that you might not be seeing much agression in your tank now is that there is simply too much tangs in there for anyone to 'mark' out any territory to defend.....while it might look good in the near term, i personally feel that the tangs will be very stress having to keep moving around (imagine you are surronded by strangers with no home to retired to )

Of course all there is also the assumption that your LR are previously from very establish system and your top of the line H&S skimmer is able to keep the water clean....;)

thanks bro, now waiting for enuff money to get a Deltec 850 to run with my H&S,

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

Hi bro, nice to have a tangs lover with a overcrowed tank of tangs as i am. You have one short added 7-8 tangs in your newly setup tanks, hope you can temporary stop adding and let all your tangs stabilize for few week. You had the most demand tangs that i like it very much but fail to keep them alive, namely powder blue, powder brown, whitecheek, AT. These tangs are very prone to ick and is best to let them stabilize before loading anymore. Nice to see that all your tangs are healthy and eating.

Just to share, I have 7 tangs, 3 dwarf angel, 3 clown and 6-7 small fish in my 4x2x2 tank, basically overloaded.

Below are the tangs and angel with me

Blue tang

Naso tang

Unicon tang

Yellow tang

Purple tang

Sailfin tang

Bristletooth tang

Bi-colour angel

Coral beauty angel

Eibl's Pygmy angel

• SRC Member
Hi bro, nice to have a tangs lover with a overcrowed tank of tangs as i am. You have one short added 7-8 tangs in your newly setup tanks, hope you can temporary stop adding and let all your tangs stabilize for few week. You had the most demand tangs that i like it very much but fail to keep them alive, namely powder blue, powder brown, whitecheek, AT. These tangs are very prone to ick and is best to let them stabilize before loading anymore. Nice to see that all your tangs are healthy and eating.

Just to share, I have 7 tangs, 3 dwarf angel, 3 clown and 6-7 small fish in my 4x2x2 tank, basically overloaded.

Below are the tangs and angel with me

Blue tang

Naso tang

Unicon tang

Yellow tang

Purple tang

Sailfin tang

Bristletooth tang

Bi-colour angel

Coral beauty angel

Eibl's Pygmy angel

Thanks for the advise bro..

woh u also fully stock..

my list is shorter than ur..

i have

AT

Power blue Tang

Power brown Tang

Power Black Tang

Yellow Tang

Kole Tang

Chervon Tang

Atlantic Blue Tang

Ebi Tang

Majestic Angle

2 x clown fish

Butterfly

Look like i lose liaoz :(

THis sat will be adding

sohal

regal

rock beauty

Next sat

purple tang

2 x flame angel

flame hawk

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

Hi Bro iori_del

I can match you in term of your 3 powder tangs and 1 AT.

These are the tangs that i lover very much but fail to keep them alive till now :(

These are all very demanding tangs that need special care and good flow and water quality. IMO you did the right thing by adding all powder and AT at one go to your newly setup tank. This will prevent them from stress and fight to dead thru the older resident.

I regard that i did not keep powder tang as one of my first tang and now when i try introduce one powder tang, the poor tang will either fight or stress to dead.

Due to me liking of tangs, already found some way of introduce new tangs in my tanks with at least 60% of success rate.

Shortlist of few tangs that will be joining my tangs force

1) Powder Blue Tang

2) Clown Tang

3) Convict Tang

4) Scopas Tang

5) Sohal Tang

6) Mimic Tang

Of cause not adding all the tang, if not than i might need to upgrade to 8ft tank :lol:

• SRC Member
Hi Bro iori_del

I can match you in term of your 3 powder tangs and 1 AT.

These are the tangs that i lover very much but fail to keep them alive till now :(

These are all very demanding tangs that need special care and good flow and water quality. IMO you did the right thing by adding all powder and AT at one go to your newly setup tank. This will prevent them from stress and fight to dead thru the older resident.

I regard that i did not keep powder tang as one of my first tang and now when i try introduce one powder tang, the poor tang will either fight or stress to dead.

Due to me liking of tangs, already found some way of introduce new tangs in my tanks with at least 60% of success rate.

Shortlist of few tangs that will be joining my tangs force

1) Powder Blue Tang

2) Clown Tang

3) Convict Tang

4) Scopas Tang

5) Sohal Tang

6) Mimic Tang

Of cause not adding all the tang, if not than i might need to upgrade to 8ft tank :lol:

heheh thnaks bro, i also hope all can be big big and nice..

have try with purple tang, but sadly the HLLE like Purple tang alot... haizz. maybe last time the tang condition is very bad.

Just cross my finger when i going to add in the sohal, hope everything will be fine..

Sadly i still got a salfin of 6 inch and a 4 inch monk tang in my hospital tank.

I worried the size too huge which will cause the tank in a mess..

wish me luck tomolo...

we both are tang lover. any more??

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

mmm..... let's join in then...

me also a tank lover... in stock now are:

1. Powder Brown Tang

2. Purple Tang

3. Yellow Tang

4. Sailfin Tang

5. Regal Tang (Blue Tang)

Next in line:

1. AT

2. Black Tang (if available...)

Do know that if AT is added in... sure kena "whack" by my powder Brown tang...

Any nice suggestions??? (cracking head now...)