1. Powder Brown Tang

2. Purple Tang

3. Yellow Tang

4. Sailfin Tang

5. Regal Tang (Blue Tang)

Next in line:

1. AT

2. Black Tang (if available...)

Do know that if AT is added in... sure kena "whack" by my powder Brown tang...

Any nice suggestions??? (cracking head now...)

hahha another tang lover...

in HK , they are angel lover, in SG we are tang lover...

Black tang sound cool, keen to get one too... saving for money, got any recent photo? Do a post here lah bro

post-34-1110720128.jpg

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
okie... here goes nothing...

www.slantedhorizon.com/glen/fishes

seldom update.... last taken is on early march 2005... :P

Very clean set up woh brour is 3ft huh? going to overstock like me liao hahahah..

Nice power brown too.

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

Very clean set up woh brour is 3ft huh? going to overstock like me liao hahahah..

Nice power brown too.

yap yap...

it is only a 3x2x2...

my marco AS350 is working damm bloody hard... to cater for the waste of 5 tangs...

mine is still a relatively new tank (1month plus only)...

me learn the hard way... 1ft to 2ft to currently... 3ft tank

(maybe will upgrade later.. who knows :lol: )

still stocking up..... looking for a chiller to cool down my tank...

(that is also the reaosn why there are no corals in the tank)

Bro iori_del... any reviews on Reef Relief Cooler?? okie?? saw someone selling 1/2HP chiller... (very tempt to buy...)... lastly... got any ways to teach me to introduce AT into my tank with a high success rate of survival??

cheers,

• SRC Member

yap yap...

it is only a 3x2x2...

my marco AS350 is working damm bloody hard... to cater for the waste of 5 tangs...

mine is still a relatively new tank (1month plus only)...

me learn the hard way... 1ft to 2ft to currently... 3ft tank

(maybe will upgrade later.. who knows :lol: )

still stocking up..... looking for a chiller to cool down my tank...

(that is also the reaosn why there are no corals in the tank)

Bro iori_del... any reviews on Reef Relief Cooler?? okie?? saw someone selling 1/2HP chiller... (very tempt to buy...)... lastly... got any ways to teach me to introduce AT into my tank with a high success rate of survival??

cheers,

RR are should to be quite good chiller.

But now aday ppl with higher budget will go for Artica or sun cool..

Must see ur budget, if u wanna upgrade a skimmer then save for it. Then get a resun 650 which is quite cheap.

btw how much is tat RR?? 1/2 hp is enff..

Actually, it will be quite hard, as ur AT will stress and it wun eat after being whack by all the tang,

Wat i did is, i put AT first.

If u able to take all the tang out , it will be the best. if not get lot of small mirror to put in the tank. Let the tang fight their own image.

Lastly put in ur AT after light off and when ur fishes are sleeping..

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

the guy is selling a 1.5 yrs RR for SGD380... me seriously looking into it..

mmm.... using mirrors and putting it during lights off... seems like a good way...

will try it when my lastest addition is found!!! :whistle

a lot of stuffs to upgrade... like lighting, skimmer... blah.. blah... blah..

:D

• SRC Member
the guy is selling a 1.5 yrs RR for SGD380... me seriously looking into it..

mmm.... using mirrors and putting it during lights off... seems like a good way...

will try it when my lastest addition is found!!! :whistle

a lot of stuffs to upgrade... like lighting, skimmer... blah.. blah... blah..

:D

must check when he done the servicing. If not u need to spend again liao..

IN marine it is never ending one. me too need to get more powerhead for these current lover fishes....

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member
Another better way is to setup a separate quarantine tank then keep the AT there, feed it for a few months until pui puit then intro into your reef with other tangs.

Hi WL, i also set up a quarantine tank but really no confidence to put a ex fish there..

u still quarantine all ur fish like the last time i saw it??

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

Hi bro icecold

Nice to has another tangs lover join in.

Another way you can try is to compare the size of all the 5 tangs in your tank.

If all your 5 tangs has almost the same size said about 3-4 inch, than you may get a AT of either

1)bigger in size (5-6 inch) or

2)very small size (2 inch)

The theory behind this is bigger size tang can defend themself and cause less stress, very small size tang introduce into it, all your old residence will simply just see it not a threaten to them and just leave it alone.

However if all your 5 tangs all are in diffferent size said range from 2-5 inch, than this way might not work.

Hope this will help.

• SRC Member
Hi bro icecold

Nice to has another tangs lover join in.

Another way you can try is to compare the size of all the 5 tangs in your tank.

If all your 5 tangs has almost the same size said about 3-4 inch, than you may get a AT of either

1)bigger in size (5-6 inch) or

2)very small size (2 inch)

The theory behind this is bigger size tang can defend themself and cause less stress, very small size tang introduce into it, all your old residence will simply just see it not a threaten to them and just leave it alone.

However if all your 5 tangs all are in diffferent size said range from 2-5 inch, than this way might not work.

Hope this will help.

Yup the size does matter, the first tank which go in are the smallest then the biggest one will be last.

AT 2 inch

Power blue Tang 2.5 inch

Power brown Tang 3.5 inch

Power Black Tang 1.5 inch

Kole Tang 2.5 inch

Chervon Tang 2 inch

Atlantic Blue Tang 1.5 inch

Ebi Tang 1 inch

tat my fish size..

now are small, so when they get fat and big will either get a huge tank or get another tank and start coral with some tang.

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

Yup the size does matter, the first tank which go in are the smallest then the biggest one will be last.

AT 2 inch

Power blue Tang 2.5 inch

Power brown Tang 3.5 inch

Power Black Tang 1.5 inch

Kole Tang 2.5 inch

Chervon Tang 2 inch

Atlantic Blue Tang 1.5 inch

Ebi Tang 1 inch

tat my fish size..

now are small, so when they get fat and big will either get a huge tank or get another tank and start coral with some tang.

Hi bro

Where you manage to get a 1 inch Ebi Tang, It as small as a goby, that look great in addition and you can see their colour change when it grow. Think of adding some 2 inch tangs in my system as most my tangs are all quite big size

Blue tang 5 inch

Naso tang 4 inch

Unicon tang 6 inch

Yellow tang 4.5 inch

Purple tang 4 inch

Sailfin tang 5 inch

Bristletooth tang 4 inch

Thinking of adding a 2 inch powder blue, powder brown or clown tang

• SRC Member

OMG!!!

My size is as follows:

Powder Brown Tang: 3"

Purple Tang: 3"

Yellow Tang: 2.5"

Sailfin Tang: 2"

Blue Tang: 2"

if that is the case... my AT should be at least 3.5"??? <_<

(so it can be the KING!!!)

if that is the case... will:

1. Buy a AT at 3.5"

2. Put mirrors for my tangs to distract them

3. Release the fish at midnight (when all my fishes starts to sleep)

4. Starts to Pray..

5. Ask fellow reefers to pray for me...

6. Repeat Step4...

• SRC Member

Hi icecold

If that the last tang you are going to introduce to your system, go for at least 4-4.5 inch. 3.5 inch sim no different in size when it being release, 4 inch and above than is may be king when times past.

One con is that you might not be able to put any more tang with your 4 inch AT in your present tangs.

Another alternative, put 2-3 around 3.5 inch tang include AT at the same time, this will solve all the problem but might increase your bio-load to suddenly.

Case 2-4 still apply :P

OMG!!!

My size is as follows:

Powder Brown Tang: 3"

Purple Tang: 3"

Yellow Tang: 2.5"

Sailfin Tang: 2"

Blue Tang: 2"

if that is the case... my AT should be at least 3.5"??? <_<

(so it can be the KING!!!)

if that is the case... will:

1. Buy a AT at 3.5"

2. Put mirrors for my tangs to distract them

3. Release the fish at midnight (when all my fishes starts to sleep)

4. Starts to Pray..

5. Ask fellow reefers to pray for me...

6. Repeat Step4...

Hi Icecold, never release them in the dark. B)

From my experience, you can release fishes that are nocturnal in the dark but never fishes that are active during the day.

I have released Banggai and also lots of ghost shrimps at night with success. Especially smaller shrimps, I have to wait for the wrasses to go for their beauty sleep before I can release the shrimps, if not they will be eaten! :evil:

But I tried that on my AT and another on a seperate occassion with my PT. On both occassions, after releasing, they started bashing around the rockworks as they are unable to find a way out of some of the caves and crevices I have created using LR. At certain point, they even got stuck between some big rocks! :angry:

In the end, I have to on the lights so as to calm them down but they have already suffered several cuts on their heads and body. :( For me, I will never do that ever again with diurnal fishes.

Anyway, most books recommend releasing the fishes at least 2-3 hours before lights off so that they have time to explore the environment and settle down before darkness sets in. :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Hi Icecold, never release them in the dark. B)

From my experience, you can release fishes that are nocturnal in the dark but never fishes that are active during the day.

I have released Banggai and also lots of ghost shrimps at night with success. Especially smaller shrimps, I have to wait for the wrasses to go for their beauty sleep before I can release the shrimps, if not they will be eaten! :evil:

But I tried that on my AT and another on a seperate occassion with my PT. On both occassions, after releasing, they started bashing around the rockworks as they are unable to find a way out of some of the caves and crevices I have created using LR. At certain point, they even got stuck between some big rocks! :angry:

In the end, I have to on the lights so as to calm them down but they have already suffered several cuts on their heads and body. :( For me, I will never do that ever again with diurnal fishes.

Anyway, most books recommend releasing the fishes at least 2-3 hours before lights off so that they have time to explore the environment and settle down before darkness sets in. :D

yup tat a good point, for me because it is a battle ground, and i am use to night attack, so when they are sleeping, i release my fish, or maybe befor u on the light at dawn, u add in, then on the light...

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

u guy rocks :peace: , we are the Tang Gang, hahah, but remember to have a over rate skimmer as tang really shit a lot..

bro thioeh-> get it from a reefer here, pay him twice the price he pay.

But then still in betta box, really too small to fight for food

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

wow.....so many tang lovers/killers here....:)....

anyway, will join you guys soon.....but don't have the guts...probably 5 tangs on a 4.5 footer would be enogh for me....

Bro thioeh.....my new place is just beside your condo....will move my fishes fish maybe can meet up sometime to exchange pointers with you..... :D

• SRC Member
wow.....so many tang lovers/killers here....:)....

anyway, will join you guys soon.....but don't have the guts...probably 5 tangs on a 4.5 footer would be enogh for me....

Bro thioeh.....my new place is just beside your condo....will move my fishes fish maybe can meet up sometime to exchange pointers with you..... :D

hahah tang killer, but as bad as those hk ppl.. angel killer.

u must have nice kole, when adding chervon to company him??

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

hahah tang killer, but as bad as those hk ppl.. angel killer.

u must have nice kole, when adding chervon to company him??

@#$@#$ kole....refuse to eat his veggie...only takes forumla 2 pellets and brine shrimps......now trying to fatten him up for my move (in the process browning out my SPS.... :P )....but worry that if i feed him too much BS without enough veggie, his color might fade.....

anyway, i'm still looking for a Chevron with nice coloration - only saw the coloration i want once - DARN should have gotten it at that time.... :cry: ... anyway, i learn that in this hobby, its better to wait for 'that perfect fish' then to suffer heart aches later..... :P

• SRC Member

Hi bro

Where you manage to get a 1 inch Ebi Tang, It as small as a goby, that look great in addition and you can see their colour change when it grow. Think of adding some 2 inch tangs in my system as most my tangs are all quite big size

Blue tang 5 inch

Naso tang 4 inch

Unicon tang 6 inch

Yellow tang 4.5 inch

Purple tang 4 inch

Sailfin tang 5 inch

Bristletooth tang 4 inch

Thinking of adding a 2 inch powder blue, powder brown or clown tang

OMG don add a clown tang in your tang if your tnak had so many tangs..even though u buy a 2inch one it will be the terror in your tank

• SRC Member

@#$@#$ kole....refuse to eat his veggie...only takes forumla 2 pellets and brine shrimps......now trying to fatten him up for my move (in the process browning out my SPS.... :P )....but worry that if i feed him too much BS without enough veggie, his color might fade.....

anyway, i'm still looking for a Chevron with nice coloration - only saw the coloration i want once - DARN should have gotten it at that time.... :cry: ... anyway, i learn that in this hobby, its better to wait for 'that perfect fish' then to suffer heart aches later..... :P

haha yup it is true, got kole from Henry abt ex compara to the farm, but it is a good fish. Eating all the food i feed, it like flake a lot. When recently i add a Chervon, the kole is so happy to find some one familiar hahah. They dun fight one l h

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!