• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Haven been updating for awhile so here's my tank for you guys. Have been reefing for almost a year and its been interesting and very enjoying :peace: (but not my pockets!!! the holes are really never sewed back! :nc: )

So far everything is working well and maintainence has been less work. I change 20% of the water every week, dosing Aquapharm (color booster, A+B ), and i do add oxycure with every water change too. I use Tropicmarin and its great.

23343.jpg

I just bought the beautiful sea fan-like coral( at bottom right), which looks like a snow covered branch! :)

23344.jpg

Some of my corals; frog spawn, big mushies, plate coral, some hard corals and.... my sea fan.

23345.jpg

Hmm... where's my friend nemo??

23346.jpg

can someone ID the purple coral on the right?

that's all for now.... hope you guys like my tank, though my old digi cam cant really bring out the colours of the corals :unsure::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

nice reef bro.. :lol:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Guys thanks for your comments.

Recently i read about Caliberating resun chillers from another forum. I usually set my temp at 26 so it will chill at 28, which was like every 5 mins. However the tank only read 27.5 degrees. Hence i caliberated -1 and now the duration is longer(almost 30 mins sometimes) coz the tank temp stays at 27.5(+/-). Is this temp ok?? :blink::blink:

thanx!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi guys!!

Recently purchased 2 small crocea clams. Think it will be a challenge for me to keep them but i will try my best!! :D

I placed them on my sand the first few days before putting them higher up on my live rocks, as i read in the forums that crocea clams require more sunlight and preferably be placed in rocky areas. :)

One of the clams din have a rock attached so i have been spending the past few days trying to attach it to one and its one choosy mister!! :angry::angry:

Guess i will start dosing more calcium in my tank now, anyone knows where to purchase those drippers (think frm wakai)?

Will post pics soon when the clams become more accustomised, in the meantime, happy reefing guys!! B)B)

• SRC Member

Hehe thanks Hobbes!

Hai recently quite bad luck. :cry:

Got chix pox 1 week before going for my dream holiday to taiwan and HK(gonna ORD ma hehe :D )

Today my ballast making a lot of noise, but the MH can still on.

The ppl at irwarna say will take 1 week to fix :blink::pinch: (my clams are gonna die~~~~) and quite exp...

But i bought from aquamarine, now waiting for lady boss to contact me :unsure:

Anyone know where can fix the MH quick and affordable??

Mine is a Atman 2 ft 150w MH.

Hopefully my corals can survive this~~ :)

The additives Sea-lab Formula 28 is not bad. It maintained my tank concentrations quite well and all u have to do is drop one cube every week (for 2 ft). My Kh is abt 8 and caclium abt 420. Almost fuss free! U can get it from irmwana(nice ppl!)

• SRC Member

Heres is my update!! :D

Bought 2 clams (center top :yeah: )

Sadly my sea fan did not survive :cry: , think i placed too near the elegance coral.

41845.jpg

:)

41841.jpg

my 2 little crocea clams suntanning hehe. Dosing with coral 5 in 1 for for nourishment too.

41846.jpg

View from the top. Quite blur but can see the beatiful green and blue mantle.

• SRC Member

41847.jpg

Ok let me tell you a story abt my fav fish! Its the most energetic, most greedy,most playful and most luckiest fish ever! :D When i first got it, it was less than an inch. One day, while i was in camp, my mom found it stuck on the sides of my reio pump! :o She quickly recovered it, and applied some med on its limp body(dont know how she did it but i love her!)

When it started to move abit more, my mom placed it back to the tank. Wrong move! My cleaner shrimps starting "hovering" around it like vultures :shock:. My mom quickly scoop it back and lay it to rest in a small pail. After a few more hours, it was surprisingly active again! hehe Now its healthy with a small scar on its side, but its has a beer belly too :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

More pics......

41850.jpg

Right side of tank.....

My labo coral tried commiting suicide (think some hermit pushed it) and it fell hard. Some of the skin came off( the brown areas). But lately seen it slowly recovering... so not bad huh :)

41851.jpg

Left side of tank.....

41852.jpg

My orange Ric, Bought at aquamarine :)

41853.jpg

My elegance.... getting bigger. It dominates the bottom left side of my tank! Now it has 4 mouths from 2.

41854.jpg

Final pic. Hope you guys like it as much as i do. And happy reefing!!! :peace:

PS: pls pray for my MH too! :angel:

• SRC Member

Thanks chucky and bubble gum! :D

Will be sending my MH light for repair on mon, hopefully it wont be too exp. :pinch:

Here's my whole tank view with my Resun L280 chiller.

It has been more than 6 mths and its still functioning well. But noise level has steady risen but its still a soft hum, so i guess it's quite an affordable and nicely sized equipment. :peace:

42514.jpg

Heres the side view of my tank. Attached is the I-Aquatic refuge.

Used to have mirco algae with clip-on 24/7 lighting till the lights decided to perform a mini fire works one day.:blink::nuke::yeah:

Have since change to placing live rocks and some dwarf zebra hermits.

The green tube is the surface skimmer inlet cnnected to my Jebo. Its a must for those w/o overflow. :whistle

42515.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Finally ORD lo~~~

So happy to be "released". NOw got more time for reefing. But first, gotta find JOB le :o:o

Nothing to do, so post some updates. Bought another calm from AM. :D:D

44111.jpg

hey guys can you help ID this?

Is it a Yuma or a very big Mushie? Its about 3 inches bought at pasir ris a few months ago...but it grew really big :blink:

44112.jpg

Thinking of upgrading to 3Ft, and a sump, now most of the pumps in the tank and its quite unsightly. :erm:

thanks!

• SRC Member

Nice small tank!

Go for an upgrade la.. haha looks alittle cramp. Now that u ord and looking for job... should be earning more liao. :lol:

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member
Finally ORD lo~~~

So happy to be "released". NOw got more time for reefing. But first, gotta find JOB le :o:o

Nothing to do, so post some updates. Bought another calm from AM. :D:D

44111.jpg

hey guys can you help ID this?

Is it a Yuma or a very big Mushie? Its about 3 inches bought at pasir ris a few months ago...but it grew really big :blink:

44112.jpg

Thinking of upgrading to 3Ft, and a sump, now most of the pumps in the tank and its quite unsightly. :erm:

thanks!

tts a yuma.. :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata