Reef For Beginner

ReefLover

There're so many type of coral.

Which are the most suitable for a beginner to start with.

Pls be clear about what is your water parameter like... have you cycled your tank and many other things such as lighting. Without this we can't really tell you what coral suit yor requirement

• SRC Member

Green star polyp and buttons.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Thanks for all reply. :)

I've cycle the tank water for about 3 weeks and now in the stage of planning what fish & coral to be added in.

Water Parameter:

Ammonia level = between 0.0 to 0.2

Nitrate (NO2) = Unknown (Don't have any test kit)

Nitrite (NO3) = Zero

Water Salinity = 1.22

Temperature = 30 degree (High)

Tank setup information:

2ft tank

7Kg Life Rock

Canister Filter

10Watt aquarium fluroscent light

Protein Skimmer

More questions:

- What is the most economy way to bring down (control) the water temperature?

- Why protein skimmer foam getting harder to raise to the top of the cup with the same setting of high and water level? Anything to do with water condition (e.g. water purification)?

- Any recommendation on placing different type of coral in tank? (e.g. Anemone at sand level and mushroom on life rock to prevent contact with each other).

- How coral sting each other and how we know it has happen?

- Is liquid coral food from aquarium shop sufficient or still need feeding of prawn meat.....?

- How to feed the Anemone & Mushroom with fish or prawn meat? Using hand or .....? Any movie clip to show?

Thanks and Best Regards.

10watts is far too little light intensity to sustain reef creatures which rely on light to survive, unless you are intending to keep non-photosynthetic creatures only.

Based on the questions you ask, I think you should read up more on basic reefkeeping and marine livestock info.

Our piecemeal answers to piecemeal questions will do you more harm.

Take your time to browse thru sites like http://saltaquarium.about.com.. they have a beginner's guide and good info.

You should spend at least a few hours reading a day.... to gather as much info before you start a reef tank, ideally.

• SRC Member

lights is too weak, gotta change.. use 2x36 watt PL should be enough, if not 1x55 watt PL.

dont think mushroom eat prawn meat...

What is the most economy way to bring down (control) the water temperature? fan

my advise is dont think about anemone yet.. your lighting cannot la bro.. try and wait and wait and wait... anemone is unpredictable

Thanks for all reply. :)

I've cycle the tank water for about 3 weeks and now in the stage of planning what fish & coral to be added in.

Water Parameter:

Ammonia level = between 0.0 to 0.2

Nitrate (NO2) = Unknown (Don't have any test kit)

Nitrite (NO3) = Zero

Water Salinity = 1.22

Temperature = 30 degree (High)

Tank setup information:

2ft tank

7Kg Life Rock

Canister Filter

10Watt aquarium fluroscent light

Protein Skimmer

More questions:

- What is the most economy way to bring down (control) the water temperature?

- Why protein skimmer foam getting harder to raise to the top of the cup with the same setting of high and water level? Anything to do with water condition (e.g. water purification)?

- Any recommendation on placing different type of coral in tank? (e.g. Anemone at sand level and mushroom on life rock to prevent contact with each other).

- How coral sting each other and how we know it has happen?

- Is liquid coral food from aquarium shop sufficient or still need feeding of prawn meat.....?

- How to feed the Anemone & Mushroom with fish or prawn meat? Using hand or .....? Any movie clip to show?

Thanks and Best Regards.

hey ammonia should be 0

hey ammonia should be 0

I'm using liquild type of ammonia test kit. The color template only show 0.2, 0.5 ....

for comparison. Reason I consider it as 0.1 is because the result coloration is much lighter than color indicated for 0.2.

Is there anyone ever do a testing on the tape water ammonia level?

I did it once and the result show 0.2...