Saying Hi from Australia

FuEl

Hopefully we will see something like this in Singapore. But I guess it will take another 10 years to have something like that written up by the way things are going. Oh well for fellow reptile lovers, continue dreaming. ;)

:yeah::yeah::yeah:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

So excited..I've been given the opportunity to work on ornamental shrimp next semester! B) Will be taking over a fellow postgrad's work on the blood shrimp, Lysmata debelius and many more! :yeah:

post-11-1116836536.jpg

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Wow! Seems like you're having the time of your life down under! Really miss Oz...was studying in Perth for 5yrs...had a great time! Perth's kinda like Queensland...pretty conducive environment for studying...nothing much else to do! :P

All the best in your studies, mate! :D

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

Go aus lol

i miss singapore la

if u come down to perth should come see my coral farm =)

wat course u doing fuel ?

Hmm..I'm in queensland doing a postgrad course in aquaculture. Want set up such a farm in Sg? :evil:

Dun look like gigas... look like huge maxi.. but can't really see also

Wow..din know maximas could grow so large..here's another pic...the one at the bottom is the largest..compare the size of it to an adult black sea cucumber.. The mantles outstretched is much wider than my head...:blink::shock:

post-11-1116854944.jpg

wow... bro... wat will happen if u put your hand in it???

Nothing will happen..haha..checked my practical manual..the biggest clam was the one used in the practical..supposedly its a T.gigas. My proff just stuck his hand into the clam to inject something, the clam closed on his hand and he removed his hand without harm. According to him when T.gigas closes there will be some kind of gap between the 2 shell halves. Did'nt really get what he meant by that though...probably just a structural limitation to closing fully. So in theory your hand/foot should be able to be removed without much work.

• SRC Member

Nothing will happen..haha..checked my practical manual..the biggest clam was the one used in the practical..supposedly its a T.gigas. My proff just stuck his hand into the clam to inject something, the clam closed on his hand and he removed his hand without harm. According to him when T.gigas closes there will be some kind of gap between the 2 shell halves. Did'nt really get what he meant by that though...probably just a structural limitation to closing fully. So in theory your hand/foot should be able to be removed without much work.

ohh.. i thought like those myth... can trap ppl and even break off their hands and legs....

• SRC Member

cool le :o

i am doing an aquaculture course too at tafe then doing extenision of it in uni :o

i am starting a farm in should look at my journal :P

maybe if my farm really good maybe i set up one in sg :P