weileong

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello my friends,

I dont know the policies of this forum as I'm only a guest here, so I wont post links to some European online shops.

However, turn on your (search) engines, and look for the Deltec skimmers, your price is good.

And one thing, I guess it's common for reefers worldwide to complain about prices, indeed it aint a cheap hobby, and indeed some of the prices are crazy plus you got some crazy LFS owners worldwide that take advantage on innocent customers, but one thing is there...if you're not planning to invest money, dont go in this hobby, Cichlids are nice as well (and I say this will all the respect, they are magnificent fish) , and when you do invest the money, invest it wisely, first and most important one single piece of equipment is your skimmer.

By the way....I really like your forum... :thanks:

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Wei Leong, mind to share where did you bought it and do they have stock? I order from one of the Singapore online store and they said will need 3 weeks to deliver. How's the skimmer so far?

He got it from EAN , maybe u wana try give them a call . ;)

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

Wei Leong, mind to share where did you bought it and do they have stock? I order from one of the Singapore online store and they said will need 3 weeks to deliver. How's the skimmer so far?

3 weeks? unless an order coming in, or it might take 3 months... coz deltec stuff dun come is so often... usually one batch every few months... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Weileong, can post a pic on the performance of the deltec APF-600...........thinking of getting a AP-600 or a H&S 850L or a Beckett for my 3ft tank, but never see a Deltec skimmer performance before.

Beckett will be my last choice becos of the use of high power consumption pumps, unless the single beckett performance really supercede the Deltec or the H&S..........

Pls share your views and experiences.........

Eric

One problem I faced with the beckett is needing high maintenance, other than that the performance is fine no regrets also. But then my beckett injector or MX70 always get choked when I am out of town :P I heard some reefers using RIO to drive their beckett and it works fine too so you don't really need high powered pressure rated pumps to do the job.

What sort of pictures do you want?

Skimmate? bubbles density etc?

Firstly photos of bubbles density can be affected by the camera setting to a certain extend.

Skimmate color doesn't tell much too and depends on the tunning.

• SRC Member
One problem I faced with the beckett is needing high maintenance, other than that the performance is fine no regrets also. But then my beckett injector or MX70 always get choked when I am out of town :P I heard some reefers using RIO to drive their beckett and it works fine too so you don't really need high powered pressure rated pumps to do the job.

What sort of pictures do you want?

Skimmate? bubbles density etc?

Firstly photos of bubbles density can be affected by the camera setting to a certain extend.

Skimmate color doesn't tell much too and depends on the tunning.

Need a pic to see the foam...............is the foam fluffy type or small bubbles type?

Eric

• SRC Member
dunno what you meant :P

Fluffy meaning like those cotton candy type of foaming............so far I see only a tall beckett can produce that kinda foam................was just wondering Deltec or H&S can give the same result.

Rio 32HF (120W) is still too much power consumption as compared to needlewheel (38W-50W). Plus I need a shortie skimmer to put into my sump. Trying to find out which is a better shorty skimmer.

Eric

• SRC Member
It can be tune to product both type of foam :P

After head lost the RIO will consume lesser than 120W.

BTW 120W might as well run MD55 which is 130W.

That means the Deltec also got no problem with producing cotton like foam if wanted to tune it that way right? If this is the case, Deltec will be my No. 1 choice since it will consume lesser power and small enough to go into my sump plus meet my budget.

Problem of not using external pumps is my sump got no holes drilled. I dont feel secure if use piping to suck water from sump compartment cos the vaccum might break anytime and cause damage to the external pumps. So got to stick to submissible pumps...............any pressure rated submissible pumps in the market?

Eric

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Anyone tried using gravity feed to run this type of skimmer?

Meaning connecting the outlet of the overflow directly to feed the

skimmer without using a feeding pump.

Wondering if it is feasible to do so...

Deciding on whether to upgrade to a Deltec APF600 or a Beckett skimmer...

currently using a H&S 850L In-sump model :P

• SRC Member
H&S 850L is similar specs to APF600, no point upgrade :P

Geez I tot Out-sump model is much more efficient than In-sump model, and

the volume rating for APF600 is higher than H&S 150-F2001...

In this case changing to a beckett seems to be a more appropriate "Upgrade" :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Here's where I set the water level (see red arrow) with the needlewheel pump off. Will readjust slightly after breaking in.

Air valve is set to 1 O'clock position.

You can see the flange which makes cleaning the collection cup so easy, just twist and turn. No messy nuts to remove and re-tighten after that.

Wei Leong,

I got my skimmer last month, your water level seems a bit high, did you measure the flow rate? Mine is just touching the lower part of the bayonet fitting and valve fully open.

Wei Leong,

I got my skimmer last month, your water level seems a bit high, did you measure the flow rate? Mine is just touching the lower part of the bayonet fitting and valve fully open.

Depends on how you tune.

Your air valve fully open so you need the water level to be lower.