Riot Reef

riot

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Thanks guys. As can be seen, I like stags and hope that they will grow like weeds, so theres lots of space for them to reACH OUT. imagine a forest of staghorns- cool. Easier to keep and less senstive than other corals.

Dan- I dont have a dsb but I do keep a "handful" of sand I scattered at the sides an centre of my reef lagoon. They are kept in by a small rock ledge, so they wont slide under the liverock. The front of the tank is hit by the tunzes, so its quite bare. Overall, exposed sandbed is less than 1cm thick.

I am having far better water quality than the old dsb I was running. Towards the end of my old reef, nitrates were climbing and I was having a massive hair algae bloom. THis was besides the beckett and the water changes.

• SRC Member

Main reason why I am putting the prata in the centre is prime real estate. That Orchard Road, baby. Will wait for a BEAUTIFUL table so I can put it right there. Besides, the prata will kerna whiplashed by the currents. LPS and softies relegated to the East- Bedok area.

• SRC Member
Main reason why I am putting the prata in the centre is prime real estate. That Orchard Road, baby. Will wait for a BEAUTIFUL table so I can put it right there. Besides, the prata will kerna whiplashed by the currents. LPS and softies relegated to the East- Bedok area.

Oi Oi Oi, whats wrong with the East ah? ;) We dunt deserve special place and attention issit? hehehehe

• 1 month later...
Tank looks better with the open sandbed. In this case, less is more. Shouldnt have bought the additional colonies.

we have all heard that before...... lol..... I like the 'shouldnt' part....never works when I am staring at the acros.

everytime pple see me at LFS...they'll say...your tank very packed liaoz???

Look at Dan....I think he gets that even more :D

• SRC Member

Ah DB....but there's a difference! His tank is far better than mine ;)

Nicken- sps colonies on the sandbed are 20 inches (water) 15 inches (air) from 400w BLV10kk. Looks like I might need to shift these colonies higher. But the live rock arrangment is pretty narrow at the highest levels- good for stags but too narrow to support table colonies. Hmmm. gotta re-arrange now.

• SRC Member

:) thanks. I would actually prefer :

" have to agree with fuel that ur SPS colours and growth looks good .....

wonder when my SPS will ever turn out like that"

but I will still accept the compliments :)

• SRC Member
:) thanks. I would actually prefer :

" have to agree with fuel that ur SPS colours and growth looks good .....

wonder when my SPS will ever turn out like that"

but I will still accept the compliments :)

hehe i can never really apprecitae sps :paiseh: bt they do look colourful though :P