Micro Bubbles from Beckett!

junyong84

• SRC Member

Hey guys out there who are using beckett skimmer, whether in sump or out of sump, need your help.

My beckett is currently in sump, problem is that whenever i open the skimmer, the micro bubbles created are so much that they are get back into my main tank.

when i tried using sponges/cotton to shield off the bubbles, a few problems resulted:

1) the beckett tend to overflow as the outlet is being obstructed by the sponges/cotton

2) the mircobubbles get stuck in the sponges/cotton for sometime and build up into big bubbles overtime and in the end, the big bubbles are still being released back into the main tank as mircobubbles.

3) flow of the water from into the inlet of the return pump is being obstructed and hence the flow of the return is very very slow.

How do you guys go about stopping these mircobubbles? especially those who using the beckett in sump.

• SRC Member

its always a bad idea to put socks/sponge on the output of the skimmer...i know, have learn my lesson - it flooded my whole living room...:(

anyway 2 suggestions....

1) on the output, using a T-joint with one end facing the top just above the water level

2) direct the output to the second or first compartment of the sump, the glass plates between them and the last compartment should act as a buffle against the bubbles....

• SRC Member
its always a bad idea to put socks/sponge on the output of the skimmer...i know, have learn my lesson - it flooded my whole living room...:(

anyway 2 suggestions....

1) on the output, using a T-joint with one end facing the top just above the water level

2) direct the output to the second or first compartment of the sump, the glass plates between them and the last compartment should act as a buffle against the bubbles....

wow! how did that occur? what did u do excatly?