How to adjust CO2 regulator to get correct count

minsmarine

• SRC Member

Hi guy,

After 3 extra weeks patient, finally I get hold of my Korallin 3001 CR. Same day pump broken and now I am having problem with CO2 regulator. It's seem that I could not manage to get constant bubble count as guide said ( 10 bubbles count per minute ).

:pirate:

Tried few configuration playing with CO2 tank open/close node with regulator, but no help.

First minute, I would get 10 count, next minute I might get less and less ( or may be within 2 minutes no more bubble ).

According to manual need to set 1.0 to 1.2 PSI but could not find anywhere to set. Geez I think my expensive CR come with cheap stick regulator. Tried for almost 3 hrs and seen like could not get it right at all. Searched here and not much help.

I know quite alot of ppl here use same config. Would appreciate any help.

At the same time, do i need what called double regulator or solenoid.

What are different ?

Oh yea, if you think I need to get good regulator, which , function, cost and where information please......

post-17-1108312402.jpg

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Hmm as I guess, LFS sold me Ferrair without break pad.

Ok,

What r the cost like and benefit. I mean more easy to regulate vs. money and where to get .

Tks

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

If you go the needle valve route (option 2), then you can get it at around $88. Can get from Singapore valves and fitting. I went this route as well, no issues of adjusting the bubbling rate, can easily adjust down to one bubbles every 2 secs to as high as 10 bubbles/sec (haven't try anything higher than that).

Whereas if you get a complete set of 2 stage regulator with solenoid then be prepared to pay ard $200+ or more.

• SRC Member

100+ different.

Is it worth in your exp. Well since spent so much and recent crash loss, I don't mind spending 100+ more , however just want to make sure it's worth using it.

If I choose opt 2 , than where could I get it.

BTW, since I can't get correct bubble count, should I stop CR for time being ?

Ocean Gump

Getting the needle valve is cost cutting measure but I have no complains going this route as that completely solves my headache of tuning the bubble count compared to using those cheapo stuffs.

If you want to get the bioplast regulator then you can go to "system and control engineering" not sure if I got their name correctly.

Better stop your CR in case too much CO2 dissolved inside and caused then main chamber pH to crash and turn all your ARM into powder.

There you go. Went to dig my old thread for the photo.

I am using the stainless steel model which cost double (around $190), you can get the brass one which is around $80 which will work equally well for our application.

You'll need some fittings to fit the needle valve your regulator, we can meet up and I can pass them to you.

post-34-1078927636.jpg

post-34-1078927756.jpg

• SRC Member

Tks, CR stopped before ARM become powder. Really appreciate.

Going for same route as your. Would appreciate if you could advise where the shop is :) too much hah.

It's so kind of you to help me and offer to pass me connector.

I am kinda bit loss as trusted LFS saying that I need nothing more to run this CR.

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

So alright, I will go today ( since it's morning ) afternoon,

tell them I want B-SS-6mm ( pretend that buying for office use ), and get connector from you ( or buy from them ? ).

Than my CR will be start rolling :)

Would be nice if I could meet you and buy some drink for your kindness.

I did ask LFS , do I need any more accessories, and was told nothing. I was totally new for CR and didn't want to invest in wrong equipments. I told LFS just charge me anything as long as after I pick up the eq, than just fire nothing to worry about. Even for media. I didn't want to save money for this kind of equipment ( especially after recent tank crash )

Ocean Gump

They might not have stock, so please call before you go down.

Go get some 4/6mm teflon tubing (short length will do) then you can connect the needle valve to your regulator already.

If cannot find let me know in advance cos on leave the whole week so need to go back office take :P

• SRC Member

Mins

Not hijacking your thread, if you are in urgent need, I have a spare unit to let go. I have the brass one which is BSS4 and the other is stainlesss. All can use, just need to get the correct fittings to fit to your regulator. Singapore Valve might not have ex-stock and order time is 2-3 weeks.