water purification system

ah^siao

• SRC Member
y is it better to use ro unit? from wad i know ro water got totally no minerals and no nothng in it... minerals are important to living things...

You will get all the minerals u want from the salt we add in ;) There are more of harmful materials in our tap water source than the minerals we want.

Rav: I know that a RO unit produce quite a lot of waste water to obtain the RO water required. Eg. To obtain 10l of RO water, 45l of water is wasted. What about a RO/DI unit? Any water wastage?? Heard that the wastage will go thru the DI and be used... wonder how true.

• SRC Member

ok another question... y is it that the fishes in the sea seems to be livelier and healtier than the fishes in our tank?

is it cauz we lack of something in the water itself?

if u don understand the question i stated above.. think of it int his manner.. a computer nerd who stays at home everyday playing the computer and study is no where as healthy as a beach hunk or a person who does outdoor sports.. Y is it so..

the above 2 situation is very similar as the fishes in the sea is like the person who does the sports and fishes in our tank is like the computer nerd who stays at home..

• SRC Member
Ekia, the so-called waste water is actually clean water, safe for drinking and even to water plants. wash clothes etc etc... Juz not good enough for your precious reef which requires pristine water quality!! :P

yah I know.... but u have to find some way to make use of it... need to have large storage containers. Not suitable for ppl like me staying at HDB flats. :lol:

yah I know.... but u have to find some way to make use of it... need to have large storage containers. Not suitable for ppl like me staying at HDB flats. :lol:

Yeah, I understand... see if you could use those coralife salt buckets??

Or maybe attach the waste water tubes directly to your washing machine??

Or your doggie bowl?! :upsidedown:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro, we should be aiming to use pure water as top-up minus all chemicals and minerals and contaminants. Same goes for water being used to with the salt-mix. All the necessary elements/minerals will be provided for by the salt-mix :)

So far, its best to use RO/DI for top-ups and water-changes. Those distilled water in 5G containers can be used for Water-changes too.

Hi Alfa how about if we just used DI unit? It is cheaper and it does not have wastage???? :look:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Anyone tried the 6 stage RO/DI selling at ebay? RO/DI

I think the price is very affordable but not the shipment. In fact, the shipment actually cost more than then filter! Think I have seen this discussion months ago and someone actually shipped one over... wonder how's the performance... Next time should ask someone to hand carry over :lol:

• SRC Member
Problem with the 6stage is the cannisters. We should be looking at transparent cannisters instead of opaque. Transparent cannister will be good to see at a glance if the DIs are exhausted or the filters clogged. :)

If I'm not wrong... the transparent canister on top is holding the DI resin... should take care of what u r worried about ;)