My new Wavebox!!

Achilles Tang

$700???

u wait long long ar....

:lol:

Wow ! It's S$699.00 by Reef Depot (SRC sponsor) :o

He stated as "Limited units of wavebox still available".

AT, pls quickly review your wavebox 6212 leh ! i want to know how good it is? ;)

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...pic=22967&st=30

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

i find the price okay... :heh:

as long as it fit in...not too ugly in my tank...as my tank very ugly liaoo.... :cry:

then should b okay. :heh:

but considering its size..its too big for my 3ft tank :angry:

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

Finally, the wavebox is here in Singapore.

AT, I make sure I will take my Seasick pills 6 hours before coming to see your tank. :sick:

It's good to know that you have reinforce your tank already. It will be your 3rd masterpiece in the making.

I use 2 Tunze 6080 blowing across from on end to the other of my 5ft tank and after a few months, the tank started to get small leak. IMO, I think the pressure stretch the silicon.

• SRC Member

According to Tunze, if the tank is constructed to DIN standards (Whatever dat is), the tank life is expected to be reduced by 1/3. Meaning that it will last for about 10 years.. by that time , I think most of us will have chaged tanks anyway.

Now the question is, Whats the DIN standard for tanks?

i have a overflow box :cry:

AT...I am running an external overflow box at the side....what would you advise regarding obtaining this device?

Attaching a pic of the ext. overflow box for you to give some advice.

My tank has euro bracing ard...so got to use the magnetic holder ....

post-17-1106547707.jpg

yeah...if the black portion of your overflow gate is removable, just ask someone to cut wider or lower depending on your preference....

the main logic behind this is that you will need to clear a sudden surge of water whenever it reaches a maximum height at your overflow (as well as leave a suitable distance between the water surface and the top of the tank)...and if your overflow gate doesnt not drain fast enough, then flooding liao...hehe

so that's the rationale behind altering the teeth of the gate :)

the surge is referring to the surface of the water...the underwater current shouldn't cause a major storm but may shift the bed slightly like a ripple pattern that we have seen pictures of :)

but again...if too strong, then just throttle it back lor..hehe

wah...LPS i am not too sure man...

but we have seen the clips last year where 3 long tentacled plate corals became

'POM POM GALS' in the tank....

their tentacles were swinging left, right, left, right in unison... :lol:

duno long term wise will the tentacles fly out or not :lol:

again if too strong....throttle it back i guess.... :)

hehe..but hor..it's not the best natural waveform achievable....

but probably the best at this price of the wavebox

look at this old thread

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...pic=16792&st=30

The flow is not exactly natural, the natural wave would be much longer but given the size of the device and ultimate in energy savings it is the best that can be accomplished and is the most natural flow available to hobbyists.

So, the ideal flow system now is two Electronic Streams on opposite ends back corner aimed to the front center glass and operated on interval mode 2 on multicontroller 7095 with changes in pump operation every 6hrs or so. The wave box is coordinated and shuts off at night. This flow is a 50% approximation of what exists in the ocean and the best accomplished yet by any means.

so the most ideal flow comprises the wavebox and 2 streams...but for small tanks...how to house so many things :erm: