Excessive foam from skimmer after using epoxy

strat

• SRC Member

After using epoxy in my tank, my needlewheel skimmer starts to go haywire.

The skimmate is very watery and almost clear. I have lowered the output to the minimum and this does not help.

Shall I off the skimmer for a few hours or just let the skimmer runs but with clear watery skimmate?

My concern is that when I off my skimmer , will it' affect my tank parameters?

Need expert advise.

Lost my whole nite sleep aleady.... :eyeblur:

• SRC Member

watery no bubbles???? happened to me before....after a few days will go to normal.....till date i still don't know what i did to solve the issue other then wait....

anyway, i tot you brought a Euroreef already.....why not try that on....:)

• SRC Member

I think your skimmer actually stop skimming for a period of time after you use epoxy. That's why you are getting watery and clear skimmate. Some epoxies do create havoc when you use so my advice is to stop using anymore and monitor until your skimmer start skimming again.

My skimmer stops skimming for about an hour after I used epoxy, so now I stop using them,only use gel superglue.

I think your skimmer actually stop skimming for a period of time after you use epoxy. That's why you are getting watery and clear skimmate. Some epoxies do create havoc when you use so my advice is to stop using anymore and monitor until your skimmer start skimming again.

My skimmer stops skimming for about an hour after I used epoxy, so now I stop using them,only use gel superglue.

Quiktite Super Glue Gel. :lol:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
watery no bubbles???? happened to me before....after a few days will go to normal.....till date i still don't know what i did to solve the issue other then wait....

anyway, i tot you brought a Euroreef already.....why not try that on....:)

using euroreef already.....

too much bubbles until it overflow the skimmer cup...

So should I shut down the skimmer or just let it keep on skimming?

I am using seally's knead it...i'll use superglue gel in the future for the frags...

It's normal.

There is no harm using epoxy.

What you can do is to lower the water volume in the skimmer until a few hours have passed and bring it back up to where optimal skimming effects were before.

using euroreef already.....

too much bubbles until it overflow the skimmer cup...

So should I shut down the skimmer or just let it keep on skimming?

I am using seally's knead it...i'll use superglue gel in the future for the frags...

Ya me using selley knead it too... used to it liao... but my skimmer is stop foaming and not foam until crazy hahah.....