External Thermostat for chiller

junyong84

Do you guys use external thermostat?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you guys use external thermostat?

• Yes
    • No

• SRC Member

Hey guys,

After doing so much research in this forum, I realise that its rather important to get an external thermostat for chillers, especially lower end chiller, like mine, CL 650. If not the chiller keep kicking in, and the temperature wouldn't work

By the way, where do you guys get your external thermostat and how do you guys install it?

• 1 year later...

I'm using my Aquatronica to control my Arctica :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 4 weeks later...

mine's external.

it picks up the temp directly from the main tank, nothing beats that.

well the only problem with this type of setting is that if your pump is down/fails, then i would think the chiller's exchager would freeze. it's a must to have something sense the temp in the exchanger too, it's there to protect your chiller. needs to hook it up in a way when temp goes below set point in chiller, the chiller's compressor cuts of even when maintank set point is above set value. then again u will have another problem. must have sensor set to cut off MH when maintank is over setpoint. :lol: it may sound silly, but all this is what i did to protect my investment.

cheers